Director of Supply Chain 9/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for an DIRECTOR OF SUPPLY CHAIN. In this position, you would be a key part of the Operations team. A successful Director of Supply Chain will strengthen the operations team at Lutron and continue to build the organization to support the company's growth strategy while driving to achieve quality, delivery and cost metrics.
* Organizational development and having the responsibility to build sustainable programs to improve customer service levels and supply chain metrics.
* Develop and implement the company's inventory management strategy to control costs within budgeted parameters.
* Rationalize inventory and working capital to sustainable grow inventory at half the rate of sales growth while improving service levels.
* Develop and implement models to establish performance and enable stronger variance analysis to drive continuous improvement.
* Efficiently manage a vast and ever changing amount of SKU's and vendors.
* Analyze slow moving and obsolete inventory to understand root causes of creation and implement policies and procedures to reduce the creation rate of additional slow moving inventory.
* Perform activities on a global scale across all Lutron facilities.
Stay aligned to Lutron's culture and values:
* Be passionate
* Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
* Be an innovative thinker
* Be customer focused
* Be ethical
* 15+ years in electronic/electromechanical operations
* A proven leader that can lead and motivate people to achieve operational excellence.
* Driven to provide excellent customer service.
* Strong knowledge of electrical/electromechanical systems and electronics supply base.
* Plant management experience, capable of improving product quality from a process and a product design perspective.
* Deep understanding of a global supply base, establishing inventory and material control systems that enable optimizing performance of customer service and the balance sheet.
* Detail driven, but comfortable with managing 10,000+ FG SKU's
* Knowledgeable on ERP systems and utilization of such systems to drive sustainable performance, across several facilities globally.
* Extensive experience with Lean Principles and Techniques
* Ability to sense potential problems before they occur
* Takes accountability and ownership
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities.