Director of Surgical Services 8/9/2016
Adventist Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
The Director of Surgical Services is responsible for leading all the surgical services areas, which includes the surgical suites, PACU, Pre-Op, Endoscopy, Anesthesia, Pre-Admission Testing and Central Sterile units. The Director of Surgical Services develops an organizational structure, a professional climate, and philosophy of patient care, which follows our mission of extending the healing ministry of Christ.
DIRECTOR OF SURGICAL SERVICES IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Ensuring that patient care is provided with clinical competence and in a courteous, professional manner consistent with the Gold Medal Experience.
* Promoting a positive image and maintains a helpful, professional attitude towards employees, patients, physicians, visitors and the community.
* Developing a positive working relationships with staff and other functional team members within the hospital as well as with both internal and external referral sources.
* Ensures that all applicable standards of care/practice are met and that hospital and departmental policies and procedures are complied with at all times.
* Collaborates with the Medical Director(s) regarding patient care issues and communication with the Medical Staff.
* Patient satisfaction scores meet departmental goals
* Ensures staff is provided with professional development opportunities as needed to maintain and enhance skills needed for excellent clinical practice.
* Completes timely, meaningful performance evaluations and provides regular feedback and mentoring on performance.
* Conducts staff meetings to facilitate active communication, team building, problem-solving and training.
* Oversight of all unit budgets in Surgical services. Assists in the preparation and submission of annual operating budget, reviews financial reports weekly/monthly and takes corrective action as needed.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
* Three (3) years progression management experience in Surgical Services
* MSN, MBA, MS in Health Care Administration, or related Master's Degree (preferred)
* Current RN License in State of Florida
* Knowledge of Perioperative Nursing Roles and Skills
* Circulating Skills
* Fluent in English language, speaking, reading, writing
* Accrediting Bodies Requirements (preferred)
* Scrub Skills (preferred)
* CNOR (preferred)