Director of Systems Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
CSC Optimum Holdings, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DIRECTOR OF SYSTEMS ENGINEERING
Requisition ID: 29562BR
Location: Hicksville, New York
Position Type: Full Time
A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
The Director of Systems Engineering will lead the application architecture teams, consisting of storage, systems infrastructure, hardware, database administration and application deployment. This position will be required to work closely with cross functional business units such as Corporate Engineering, Network Operating Center (NOC), Product and Network Engineering. The Director partners with Executive Management to align strategic direction for storage, systems infrastructure, hardware, database administration and application deployment as well as oversees vendor relationships for hardware, applications and database; indirectly liaises with vendor for application management through Corporate Engineering. The Director understands how the various platforms solve the company s current and future business endeavors and will take an active role in the design of the future roadmap of the various platforms
Other responsibilities include: leads the various platforms with respect to how they are run at a detailed level, including the architecture, data modeling, and transactional flows of each system; works with the PMO and Engineering teams in obtaining specifications, planning and directing implementations for the various technologies supported; leads day to day support for customer facing databases and storage solutions, hardware and systems; manages the deployment group s activities, paying attention to efficiencies in patch management, product version distribution, and general systems administration; Ensures proper documentation and testing standards play a key part of the process, with design documentation and programming documentation; ensures a rigorous programming and cataloging ecosystem is followed for a predictable and repeatable SDLC.
* Degree in Computer Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
* Minimum of twelve to fifteen years of relevant technological experience
* Out of the box thinker who can bridge both old and new technology initiatives together
* Ability to analyze data logically and exercise sound judgment in defining, evaluating, and solving technical and operational complex problems
* Ability to gain and maintain effective working relationships with other departments, associates, vendors, clients and others
* Sound oral and written communication skills to present technical information to others with clarity and precision
* Strong technical writing skills.
* Ability to work well under pressure.
* Ability to work as a team player. Team strategy awareness
* Ability to lead versatile teams with advanced engineering skills.
* Strong decision making skills
* Requirement to work flexible working hours.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.