Director of Talent Acquisition - Human Resources (HR MGR 2)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/4/2016
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Director of Talent Acquisition - Human Resources (HR MGR 2)
40 ; 100%
This classification is not represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
Under general direction of the Executive Director of Human Resources, the Director of Talent Acquisition will develop and implement best in class talent acquisition and workforce strategies to fill positions with top talent. The Director of Talent Acquisition will focus on multi-faceted recruitment and candidate pipeline strategies, employer branding, candidate experience, interviewer training, diversity hiring, internship programs, hiring metrics, workforce planning and compliance with policies, contracts and Office of Federal Contracts and Compliance Program (OFCCP) guidelines.
The Director of Talent Acquisition oversees the recruitment for permanent and temporary staff positions for UCSF Campus and Medical Center. Operational oversight include Medical Center Talent Acquisition, Campus Talent Acquisition, Medical Center managed service providers overseeing temporary labor, independent contractors/consultants and interns, and the Campus Temporary Employment Programs. The incumbent will also serve as the lead for all regulatory and accreditation compliance for competency assessments, in partnership with the Medical Center Manager of HR Operations.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
LIVING PRIDE STANDARDS
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
* Bachelors Degree in human resources, business administration and/or combination of relevant experience and education
* Minimum of 10 -15 years of human resources experience, with a minimum of 5-7 years of management experience
* Minimum of 5 years leading talent acquisition efforts within a healthcare organization or health sciences academic institution or large complex organization
* Must communicate with impact, to build and maintain a climate of trust, resulting in excellent interpersonal relationships with individuals at all levels, including staff, management, and faculty, senior leadership
* Proficient in team building, conflict resolution, problem solving and group interaction
* Role model outstanding customer service orientation
* Understand the methods of process improvement
* Recognize the need for change; adapts to and causes others to adapt to values, strategies, goals and plans in response to changing business conditions
* Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills
* Requires knowledge of state and federal law, as well as regulatory and accrediting organization requirements related to human resources
* Requires understanding of national and regional labor market
* Strong organizational skills, detail orientation, ability to proactively and effectively handle multiple tasks
* Fluent in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
* Masters in Human Resources Management
* Experience in lean process improvement preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Return to Previous Page