Director of Talent Management - Business Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Arundel Group LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Chief Human Resources
Officer, and following prescribed department, office and firm procedures, the Director of Talent
Management - Business Services is responsible for designing, directing and overseeing the
implementation of talent cultivation and management principles and practices throughout the
employee lifecycle, from sourcing and recruitment, onboarding, training, and performance
evaluation. The Director of Talent Management - Business Services is expected to perform all
responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm's attorneys, advisors
and staff, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all,
the Director of Talent Management - Business Services must fulfill the needs of the firm in a
manner which is consistent with the Firm's Core Values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties are performed on a regular basis, as
Talent Recruitment, Onboarding & Integration
* Design, lead and implement the firm's Business Services recruiting programs as a strategic partner
to functional department heads and HR business partners, developing plans and programs to identify
talent inside and outside the firm.
* Supervise and collaborate with Recruiting Coordinator in support of U.S. Business Services
talent acquisition plans and programs, including oversight of the on-line recruiting database
and firm website recruiting pages.
* Direct and oversee hiring-related processes to ensure legal compliance and use of industry
best practices for sourcing, interviewing, candidate communication, background checks,
reference checks, etc.
* Work closely with the Human Resources Director (U.S.), Staff Recruiting Coordinator and
hiring managers to determine and approve competitive and fair employment offers.
* Proactively use predictive recruiting data and analytics to improve the Business Services recruiting
functions, sourcing success, cost- and time-to-hire statistics, etc.
* Serve as key member of cross-functional onboarding and integration team to ensure an
engaging, effective and successful onboarding process for all new firm personnel.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in the recruiting, onboarding and integration areas.
* Oversee and manage selection and engagement of preferred search firm vendors, ensuring
appropriate signed agreements are in place.
discretion and demonstrated common sense; and adherence to the firm's Core Values
* Aptitude and willingness to work with complex procedures
* Ability to work independently and with a team
* Strong organizational skills and unfailing attention to detail
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust to changing priorities in a professional
* Willingness and ability to assume new tasks and responsibilities
* Ability to work well under pressure, facilitate solutions, and meet deadlines and milestones
for assigned projects
* Ability to work extended hours to fulfill time-sensitive responsibilities
* Availability to travel as necessary
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* 4-year college degreerequired
* Advanced degreepreferred
* Human Resources professional certification preferred
* Minimum of ten years of related human resources experience, preferably in a law firm or
other professional services organization