Director of Technical Accounting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Canoga Park, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis client of ours is a marketing-oriented organization who is seeking a Director of Technical Accounting. You will have the opportunity to manage and mentor several accounting professionals, as well as creating, improving, and implementing accounting policies and procedures. You will also cooperate with your equivalent from the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) department to present financialreports.
For the accounting professional who wants to join a growth-oriented organization in acquisition mode, then this is the position to explore.
ACCOUNTING DIRECTOR DUTIES
* Oversee the entire accounting department of this organization, including inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financialreporting, and SEC reporting
* Perform finance duties such as variance analysis, review of financialreports (balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement)
* Ensure all financial statements are maintained in compliance with US GAAP policies
* Work with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance with US GAAP standards
* Implement all necessary audit recommendations
* Hiring well-qualified finance and accounting professionals to contribute to the growth of the health-care organization by meeting all the responsibilities of the accounting department
* Analyze credit and financing resources available to this organization
* Ensure compliance with all internal financial controls, especially with SOX 404
* Other ad hoc finance and accounting projects as needed
ACCOUNTING DIRECTOR QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED)
* At least eight (8) years of substantive technical accounting experience
* Bachelors in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting focus
* Public accounting firm pedigree
* Manager-level experience at a public accounting firm
* A CPA
ACCOUNTING DIRECTOR QUALIFICATIONS (PREFERRED)
* At least three (3) years of experience with G/L accounting at a corporate environment
ACCOUNTING DIRECTOR SKILLS (REQUIRED)
* Superior grasp of technical accounting concepts
* Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
* Managerial experience of accounting professionals
* Exemplary emotional intelligence skills
* Expert-Level proficiency in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, IF Formulas)
ACCOUNTING DIRECTOR SKILLS (PREFERRED)
* Experience with an ERP system such as Oracle, SAP, or JD Edwards
For further information, submit your resume in MS Word format. I will hold all inquiries in the strictest confidence.