Director of Technical Services 9/1/2016
Healthcare IT Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Title: Director of Technical Services
Location: Owensboro, KY
Salary: $155-$175K + Bonus
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
Director, Technical Services
SUMMARY/BASIC PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Director of Technology Services is the principle technical architect for the Health System's information technology. Responsible for the design, selection, acquisition, installation, management, security and maintenance of all technology infrastructure including enterprise network. This provides the platform on which all of the enterprise-wide software applications are delivered to users.
Reporting directly to the CIO and serve as a key advisor to the CIO on technology investments and initiatives.
This key technology leadership role is responsible for creating and managing organization's forward looking technical roadmap, working in close partnership with the IS leaders, management and vendors. The System Director is also responsible for the selection, acquisition, deployment, management, security and maintenance of all application servers and peripheral equipment attached to the networks. The Director is responsible for leading and managing the Technology Services Group and its assigned professional staff including hiring, firing, training, development and supervision of the Group's assigned caregivers. The individual will lead the acquisition and assessment of new and disruptive technologies that will further advance the mission of the health system. The Director provides technical and operational leadership for the Group, manages the portfolio of projects assigned to the Group and is responsible for the results achieved by the Group. The System Director will determine organization's long-term systems needs and provide leadership to develop and implement technology that improves cost effectiveness, quality of care and growth. The successful candidate will participate in the enterprise-wide IT strategic planning process, prioritize and assign projects, negotiate all information technology acquisition contracts and communicate IT technology plans to inform IS staff. Further, the person will evaluate and recommend technologies and will communicate the organization's technology strategy to vendors, clinicians, management, and employees.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology required.
* Masters level graduate degree highly desirable
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Extensive IT management and strategic experience
* A minimum of ten years IT Director level experience in Data Center Virtualization (Converged Technologies), Mobile Services, NOC, SOC, Service Desk, Cloud Services, etc. in a hospital or healthcare environment plus eight years of experience in all other aspects of information systems functions
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Successful Network Architecture, Data Center and/or Help Desk Center Experience
* Knowledge of Cisco UC and VoIP protocols (i.e. H.323, SIP, UDP, RTP)
* Experience in networking with expert knowledge of OSI Layer-1, 2 and 3 including LAN switches, routers, general TCP/IP, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS and associated protocols.
* Experience in system design specification, prototyping, and testing of high-capacity networking systems
* Experience in Network Operations and Monitoring for a 24X7 environment.
* Experience integrating with SSO, Active Directory, RACF and other security and back-office services
* Strong work experience with Cisco, EMC, VMWare and Citrix products is required
* Experience with security framework such as HITRUST
* Experience with Wireless LAN and 802.11abgn/ac technologies to deliver voice, data & video
* Experience working with Windows2003-2012 including Domain Controllers, File, DHCP, DNS, NetIQ
1. Experience as a Director Technology within a HEALTHCARE (MEDICAL CENTER) ENTERPRISE ENVIRONMENT (4years+ experience in this space would be ideal). Would look at candidates coming out of large Physician groups as well (100s of them)
2. Minimum Bachelor's Degree
3. Expeience working within an Epic Organization would be a huge plus