Director of Technical Services 9/2/2016
MEA - Mid-Atlantic Employer's Association
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DIRECTOR TECHNICAL SERVICES
We are seeking a Director of Technical Services for our growing organization. The successful candidate will have at least ten (10+) years experience in the Food/Baking Equipment Industry.
We'd prefer experience with Semi-custom capital equipment with basic knowledge of CAD and PLC Ladder Logic.
Must possess excellent technical and project management skills while having the ability to multi-task and provide superior customer service to our clientele. Must be a proven team player and leader as a Department(s) Manager.
There is some travel involved, both intra-company and to clients sites. Must have exceptional follow thru on all projects from inception through completion and be deadline driven.
This is a full time, permanent role reporting into the VP of Tech Svcs.
Direct management of the company's Project Management and Customer Service Depts.
* Hands on management in the development, implementation and adherence to Project schedules and budgets.
* Development of the Project Management and Customer Service capabilities of the company.
* Ensure projects are executed in a professional, effective and efficient manner from contract review through customer acceptance
* Bolster company presence within the Food including but not limited to Manufacturing, Finance/Accounting, Purchasing/Materials and Sales.
* Serve as an effective escalation point for issues arising from Projects and Customer Service.
* Ensure Customer communications and issue resolution and timely, effective and efficient.
* Direct and active involvement in employee recruiting and onboarding
* Ensure compliance with Company processes and procedures.
* Disseminate ELT strategic initiatives to functional and individual goals
* Degreerequirements: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, or other applicable engineering discipline.
* Minimum of ten (10+) years of experience in the Management of Project Management, Customer Service, Design and Applications Engineering. Semi-custom capital equipment experience strongly preferred
* Basic knowledge of CAD and PLC ladder logic.
* Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain effective relationships with employees, customers and suppliers.
* Ability to effectively constructively work and negotiate with and communicate with ownership, senior management, peers, direct reports, suppliers and customers.
* Ability to establish Technical credibility with customers is a must
* Displays proactive and constructive judgment and decision making skills.
* Ability to anticipate, identify, and solve complex technical issues.
* Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, and presentation skills required.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, as well as Microsoft Project.