Director of Technical Solutions
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
This role leads and manages Technical Solution team accountable for engaging current and new customers by providing both hands-on and remote technical support; creating new opportunities to customers and Ardent Mills. This is a customer facing role. Technical Solution Director is expected to spend 20-50% of his/her time face-to-face with Ardent Mills customers and industry partners, collaborate with Sales, Operations, Risk and RQT teams to provide appropriate levels of technical s support to Ardent Mills customers in order to achieve goals established in the business plan. This dynamic leader actively fosters a culture of knowledge sharing which elevates level of RQT technical know-how and Ardent Mills customer intimacy. Successful leader of Technical Solutions has strong ability to influence and build relationship both internally and externally at multiple organization levels. This role has shared accountability with Sales and Marketing teams to promote new products and monitor financial results of innovation projects to ensure appropriate focus is given to achieve/exceed stated goals.
This role reports to the Senior Director of Research and Technical Solutions.
* Exhibits and rewards Safety Champion behaviors
* Creates a safe & inclusive environment where all employees comply with AM Food Safety and EH&S policies
Talent Management & Development
* Provides direct leadership to Technical Solution team. Accountable for recruiting, talent development, performance management, compensation management, succession planning that supports execution of Ardent Mills (AM) strategy
* Oversees and provides guidance to direct reports in building customer relationships and assessing/ anticipating customer needs, identifying customer solutions, exploring competitors capabilities and commercializing solutions
* Supports development of strategies & mechanisms that ensure compliance with laws, regulations & company policies
Drive Business Alignment
* Assesses the marketplace & provides strategic direction relative to customer segmentation by balancing trends with customer needs, growth opportunities, competitive activity; AM capabilities & resources vs. potential value creation
* Partners with Sales & Commercial Leaders to manage & prioritize Technical Solutions relationships with existing & new customers at a corporate and regional level based on customer needs, growth opportunities and team capabilities
Deliver Results (Execution)
* Key player on Grain Optimization Process. Partners with Risk Management and Analytical Services to execute annual crop survey. Lead communication of survey results and transition plans to select customers
* Works cross functionally (RQT, Operations, Risk Management & Sales) to aid sourcing, production management which includes wheat mix formulations & process set up to meet customer requirements
* Partners with Operations, Quality, facility/mills and Risk Management to translate customer needs into product specifications that can be executed quickly and consistently within cost, quality & performance constraints
* Lead team to identify and develop programs to drive cost optimization through formulation and processing efficiencies; and drive growth by gathering and translating customer insights into valuable projects & solutions
* Oversees and provides guidance to direct reports on prioritization, project management, planning & issue resolution
* Leads direct reports to provide leadership in commercialization new solutions. Works closely with RQT and Operations to ensure process and product specifications are in place to ensure final product meets specified requirements
Build External Collaborations
* Anticipates customer requirements through regular customer interactions & by staying abreast of local/global trends
* Represents Ardent Mills at key industry & leadership forums (e.g. parents, academia, industry forums etc )
* Supports a variety of external partnerships (e.g. Wheat Quality Council, ASB, NAMA, ABA etc ) to deliver solutions
Skills & Experience
* Willing to travel up to 50% of time
* Able to lift 50 LB (20 KG)
* Willing to work in a variety of environments (Grain mills, bakeries, laboratories )
* Able to work with and consume wheat products; i.e. no wheat /gluten sensitivity, intolerance and/or allergies
* BS in Milling and Baking Science or a related field
* 10 years in milling and baking industry
* 5 years leading and developing a technical team
* Demonstrates effective leadership, communication & influencing skills at all levels of an organization (AM & customers)
* Strong practical knowledge of baking ingredient systems and baking manufacturing processes
* Knowledgeable of wheat, wheat milling process & wheat flour characteristics
* Knowledgeable about equipment used in processing the customer s products. Possesses extensive experience in running product in the plant and troubleshooting at the plant level. Demonstrated ability to be very active during plant tests and commercialization and has the knowledge to suggest formulas and process improvements or changes.
* Proven ability to demonstrate how bakery performance can be influence by wheat & flour characteristics
* Demonstrated experience participating on customer teams to provide technical leadership during customer meetings
* Demonstrated ability to scope, develop, manage and implement technical programs
* Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups (Strong interpersonal skills)
* Applies structured, disciplined approach to planning, administering & completing projects successfully
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.