Director of Visual Merchandising - Athletic Apparel - ReqCode 16000EY5
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Dick's Sporting Goods
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DescriptionDirector of Visual Merchandising
Senior management position, having extensive softlines experience, responsible for the conceptualization, development and communication of comprehensive visual merchandising strategies and programs for areas of focus. Drives cross-functional engagements and partnerships to ensure a 360- degree approach to all merchandising initiatives. Ensures all outputs are in alignment with the brand vision and create a compelling in-store experience that is easily understood by the customer, executable by store associates and drives sales, margin and turn for the business.
* Work strategically with cross-functional teams (merchants, planning and allocation, marketing, store operations, the field and vendor community) to develop standard and seasonal in-store presentations that are grounded in customer insights.
* Lead the corporate visual teams in both creative and operational visual processes from conception to implementation. This includes the following: the development of visual merchandising floor sets, the coordination of walk-throughs with key stakeholders, game plans, planograms, adjacency flows and standards to ensure a cohesive merchandise presentation that drives sales.
* Deliver strong leadership skills and practices through the hiring, developing, coaching, mentoring and effective succession planning for associates. Focus areas include evolving associates business acumen, ensuring their ability to deliver on key responsibilities by role and personal development plans.
* Responsible for directing and driving the execution of special projects and in-store events with the category vendor community. This includes aligning with merchants on strategies, budget and timing, authoring project charters for executive level sign-off, developing work plans and deliverables, inclusion of operations as needed and driving to execution.
* Partner with Store Design and Construction on the lay-out and function of new stores, remodels and category initiatives, fixture packages and applicable department updates to elevate the store experience.
* Facilitates seasonal training workshops, monthly merchandising strategy overviews and conference calls with Zone Presidents, RVPs and DMs to ensure adoption of new initiatives and commitment to execution and compliance.
QualificationsEducation: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Merchandising, Communication, Brand Development
Experience: 7-10 years
Software: MS Office, JDA Space Planning, InDesign Software
Other: Excellent interpersonal, presentation, execution, analytical, organizational skills. Strong problem solving & troubleshooting capabilities. Good project management knowledge with the ability to drive projects and manage teams.
*Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly dynamic work environment. Energetic, forward thinking leader. A 'student of retail' that aggressively studies, shares and applies trends.
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://dsg.contacthr.com/50684474.jpg /