Director of Warehousing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 3/29/2017
Clemens Food Group
Build your career. Challenge the process. Collaborate & Engage.
Build your career with Clemens Food Group and be a part of an exciting, collaborative, team environment.
At Clemens Food Group, we want you to constructively challenge and have your ideas heard. We are looking for diverse individuals who push the limits and think outside the box!
Clemens Food Group realizes that our team members are the key to our success. Come be a part of our team and see your ideas in action!
Team Building - Priority 1 - 35% of Time
Provide leadership and direction to CFG warehousing team(s) and network
Ensure disciplinary processes are consistent throughout the operation
Coach and develop direct reports through internal development tools
Communication of corporate initiatives to team
Identify and document skills matrix (personal development plans) for direct reports and ensure actions to address gaps are completed
Facilitate training and coach to processes for consistent application
Ensure processes for recognition to all Team Members are consistent
Ensure direct reports are developing bench strength (identifying potential future leaders) for succession planning
Ensure succession plan for management team
Lead weekly staff meetings with focus on deviations to performance targets
Coordinate resources to ensure direct reports are coached in all aspects of the process
Perform duties in the hiring process as a "hiring manager" to include On-boarding of new, exempt Team Members
Network for future management candidates
Proactively support and manage change through internal change management process
Conduct monthly "Coaching Tool" sessions with team
Primary interview for direct reports and participate in interviews for supervisors
Performance Management - Priority 2 - 20% of time
Serve as "face" for CFG warehousing performance; participate in cross-functional management update and performance meetings
Participate in warehousing and distribution industry benchmarking in order bring new ideas and insight to current practices
Review departmental action plans with direct reports to improve performance
Ensuring that results are achieved through the use Continuous Improvement tools
Review and hold direct reports accountable to action items to improve operational performance
Facilitate and support root cause analysis with management team
Ensure training and implementation of all regulatory/ compliance objectives are met
Ensure Key Performance Indicators are use to drive improvement
Ensure consistent processes, SOPs and documentation are in place to manage the areas
Ensure teams have identified short term goals/ actions to improve results
Perform audits to monitor direct report and department performance
Process Management - Priority 3 - 25% of Time
Ensure consistent process application throughout CFG distribution and warehousing network
Ensure effective processes exist in order to efficiently and effectively manage and execute on CFG inventory strategy
Manage third party storage partnerships
Develop and maintain processes for monitoring performance consistently with KPIs and our Key Expectations
Identify and implement best practices through industry awareness, networking, technical periodicals and plant visits
Maintain and network with internal / external partners to drive improvements
Provide financial and design justification for all requested capital projects
Align resources for development of Standard Operating Procedures including HACCP, SQF, and other requirements including our Quality Control Programs
Approve staffing needs and work with HR to evaluate expected business changes
Lead cross-functional problem solving efforts for complex issues
Leverage strategic planning process thru setting initiatives and rocks(quarterly deliverables)
Team CFG - Priority 4 - 20% of Time
Represent operations on company or support areas where input is needed face of operations
Participate in company initiative team(s)
Present relevant production information across all levels of organization when necessary
Attend participate and or lead in leadership development opportunities
Support sales by interfacing with customers if/when necessary
Lead plant tours for strategic partners
Participate in organizational meetings (i.e., Safety, Order Fill, problem solving, etc.)
* The ability to: set, pursue and attain achievable goals, regardless of obstacles or circumstances; identify actions necessary to achieve task completion; set achievable goals, maintain direction in spite of obstacles; stay on course in times of difficulty
* The ability to identify actions necessary to achieve task completion and to obtain results: the ability to meet schedules, deadlines, quotas, and performance goals.
* The ability to understand the needs, interests, strengths, and weaknesses of others, and to utilize this information for contributing to the growth and development of others.
* The ability to organize and motivate people to accomplish goals while creating a sense of order and direction.
* The ability to: personally affect others' actions, decisions, opinions or thinking; instill a sense of value for the task at hand; develop and invoke a self-starting attitude in others; understand the needs and desires of others.
* The ability to: interact with others in a positive manner; understand others objectively; connect with others on personal level; persuading others to a given point of view.
* The ability to take personal responsibility and action toward self-improvement and learning; a measure of how strongly a person feels the need to achieve.
* The ability to: analyze all aspects of a situation to gain thorough insight to make decisions; identify and evaluate resources; apply problem solving abilities; develop an inner strength; be objective and fairly evaluate the different aspects of a situation
* Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S.) .
* 10 Years + Supply Chain Leadership experience
Prior experience in customer facing positions preferred
* Excellent written/verbal communication/presentation skills
* Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to function at a high level within a team environment
* Ability to work independently and with individuals from multiple disciplines and with varying levels of experience
* Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where change and growth are part of the culture
* Strong MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills (proficiency in MS Access a plus)
* Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Additional BenefitsFull service, 24/7, gym on site in our Hatfield, PA office location. Gym includes full-size basketball court, weight and exercise machines, fitness instructors and classes throughout the day.
Onsite cafeteria and company store for purchases at a discounted price.
Wellness Program with activities through the year to promote physical and mental well-being.
Annual Company picnic and celebration events for Team Member recognition.
Discounts with area businesses.