Director of Women's Services - Days
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 25067-48517
This position, reporting directly to the Chief Nursing Officer, has 24-hour accountability for the clinical practice of nursing and the delivery of patient care within the nursing unit. This includes the identification and demonstration of abilities to meet special needs and considerations of Age Specific Populations. This role encompasses management of human, fiscal and other resources, development of personnel, compliance with regulatory and professional standards, strategic planning and fostering of collaborative relationships.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* In collaboration with the other members of Georgetown Hospital and St. David s Healthcare Partnership, oversees the administrative function of the unit.
* Develops and reviews annually departmental policies and procedures in compliance with the guidelines/standards of all applicable associations and/or governing bodies. Ensures staff remains knowledgeable of all policies and procedures relevant to their duties and responsibilities.
* Develops and reviews annual department goals and objectives and plans for new projects with respect for cost, quality and service.
* Actively encourages staff to participate in the development and planning of department goals and objectives.
* Anticipates, identifies and works to remove barriers which block the delivery of commitments.
* Attends administrative meetings as scheduled 90% of the time.
* In collaboration with Human Resources, hires and directs departmental staff in the performance of their duties.
* Serves as a role model for all hospital employees.
* Adheres to personnel policies in the recruiting, hiring, directing, counseling, and evaluating of staff.
* Conducts regular management and staff meetings at a minimum of every 2 months.
* Reviews and authorizes all disciplinary procedures in compliance with applicable hospital and departmental policies.
* Completes performance appraisals within one month of due date.
* Identifies team developmental opportunities to promote team excellence.
* Demonstrates awareness of and commitment to the business and fiscal aspects of Georgetown Hospital and the St. David s Healthcare Partnership.
* Prepares the annual department budget with input from the nurse manager, supervisors nursing unit and in accordance with hospital procedures.
* Demonstrates an understanding of how team performance contributes to the overall business success of the partnership by generating/recommending cost effective initiatives.
* Analyzes budget and productivity reports, explores variance from projected outcome and takes corrective action to remedy variances.
* Identifies trends within the industry/community providing feedback with recommendations for remaining strategically placed within the market.
* Takes responsibility for improving work processes and eliminating unnecessary activities.
* Ensures supervisors, managers, and staff understand new processes by ensuring in-services and follow up education are available when indicated.
* Oversees the monitoring of the effectiveness of existing processes toward improving quality outcomes.
* Facilitates the development of the measurement of quality outcomes.
* Actively pursues learning and self development to meet career goals while supporting the Partnerships Mission, Vision, Values and Codes of Conduct.
* Actively seeks input in order to identify value added skills to be developed to enhance performance and relationships.
* Constructively shares knowledge, providing feedback to assist with peer or staff development.
* Anticipates future requirements for maintaining expertise in area and actively seeks education to fulfill those requirements.
* Seeks and takes on new assignments/skills/responsibilities viewing these as growth and development opportunities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be able to demonstrate understanding of HCA s and St. David s Georgetown Hospital Patients First safety initiative by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required: BSN from an accredited school of nursing.
Minimum of 2 years in a management position or progressive supervisory
Preferred: MSN or related degree. Three to five years management experience in related area with multiple disciplines/departments.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
Required: Current Texas RN license. ACLS, BLS, NRP, & EFM.
Preferred: Certification in related field or administration
Reports to: Chief Nursing Officer
Positions Supervised: Supervisor Nursing Unit, Charge Nurses
Last Edited: 09/15/2016