Disability Benefit Specialist - Future Opportunities! 9/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary:
As a Disability Benefit Specialist you will be relied upon to obtain and evaluate information in order to determine eligibility of benefits. Managing assigned caseloads of disability claims for Short Term/Long Term Disability, you will be able to demonstrate a general knowledge of disability contracts, policies, and products and continued understanding of medical and vocational issues.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Communicate with claimants, employers, and various medical professionals to gather information regarding eligibility, benefit authorization, and ongoing management of STD or LTD benefits.
Apply the appropriate contractual provisions; case management resources; and claim processes to ensure eligibility requirements and liability decisions are accurate.
Provide superior customer service by rendering benefit determinations within expected timeframes and quickly responding to all inquiries.
Demonstrate ability to independently manage disability claim and apply clinical guidance as provided on more complex claims.
Verify on-going disability and participates in claim reviews with specialized resources including nurses, physicians, vocational rehabilitation, etc. to discuss return to work opportunities as appropriate.
Use disability claim system to manage and authorize payment on claims while meeting all service, timeframe, and productions standards
Ensure a timely and appropriately coordinated transition of claims from STD to LTD, providing a well -managed and seamless claims experience to claimants.
Analyze claims activity and prepares reports for clients/carriers and management as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
* 2+ years of STD/LTD claims adjudication
* Knowledge of ERISA regulations, required offsets and deductions, disability duration and Social Security procedures
* Strong ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems
* Computer knowledge in excel, word, web based systems, etc.
* Experienced in the TPA or self-administration services
* Experience with FMLA/State leave claims
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
* Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
* On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career;
* Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.