Disaster Recovery Site Lead 9/8/2016
East Greenbush, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY LET'S WORK TOGETHER
DISASTER RECOVERY SITE LEAD
THIS POSITION IS BASED IN EAST GREENBUSH, NY
LIFE AT NFRASTRUCTURE
At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. In every nfrastructure office, you will find challenging projects and smart people with the potential to wow our customers. nfrastructure team members relish the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve their most challenging problems and create the next generation of dynamic infrastructure solutions in an environment designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success. We are a high-growth, consistently profitable organization with world-class talent and the world's most admired brands as customers. nfrastructure is on the CRN Fast Growth 15 List, Inc's Build 1 List of Sustained-Growth Companies and 5|5 list, was recognized as the number 15 job creator in New York State, and is a 215 Times Union Top Workplace.
THE AREA: ON PREM MANAGED SERVICES
At nfrastructure, we organize and change around our customers. nfrastructure' s On Prem Managed Services team embodies that pursuit. We are devoted to helping our clients find relevant solutions that meet their changing needs and to consistently exceed their expectations. In every customer location, you will find challenging projects and the opportunity to improve the way that they do business. nfrastructure will continuously develop our services platform by hiring the most talented IT professionals to support our customers. So if you are proactive, motivated, organized, responsible - and able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, our On Prem Managed Services team may be the right place for you.
THE ROLE: DISASTER RECOVERY SITE LEAD
The Disaster Recovery (DR) Site Lead provides subject matter expertise and management level oversight and governance for all DR related activities being performed at a major site. Ensures that all corporate-defined DR standards and practices are being followed at a site level and adjusts approach, as needed, based on any unique business challenges or strategies at their respective location. Supports site-wide DR Planning tasks and activities such as BIA, DR Remediation, Testing, and Production Recoveries by working closely with the local business unit management teams, Information Technology, Quality Assurance, and other key stakeholders who participate in IT system implementation, management, and support activities.
* Supports the Corporate DR Director and assists with other DR site leads to develop and enhance DR practices that are applicable across all sites. Under the direction of the Corporate DR Director, develops and maintains any unique site requirements that pertain to the specific business operations at a particular site.
* Represents the DR Team in support of site level processes such as major incident, disaster declaration, and system recovery at their respective site. Leads site level and corporate support teams in the recovery from actual disasters occurring within their site.
* Provides local governance and support for internally developed best practices and processes defined in DR Planning and related Policies and SOP's. Helps identify when approved Policies and SOP's need to be modified or enhanced based on changes within Regeneron's business or technical environments. Works with the DR Team, local SME's and QA to define suitable changes to established process and procedures, Policies, and SOP's.
* Provides oversight and support for proposed site level changes that impact existing DR strategies such as those impacting Data Center facilities management systems, major changes to IT infrastructure design, changes to network carrier services, and/or localized facilities expansion and relocation plans.
* Works with local business management teams and leverages BIA methodologies to facilitate business process identification and assesses risk and impact associated with downtime using Regeneron's standard impact criteria. Aligns system recovery requirements and levels of DR planning based on the BIA output.
* Serves as DR liaison for the local PMO and project teams to assist in DR planning within projects and new, or replacement, system implementations, upgrades, etc. Supports activities such as requirements gathering, DR design and architecture, DR documentation, and recovery testing. Assigns additional DR Team resources to assist local project teams as needed.
* Attends planning and project meetings, as needed, to support and facilitate DR Planning activities and defined best practices within IT and other corporate initiatives.
* Assists teams with DR planning requirements specific to GxP controlled environments and works closely with local QA representation to modify or refine existing GxP processes.
* Leads the DR Testing Program at the respective site including the planning and execution of system recovery tests, tabletop exercises, and large-scale failover and failback tests. Identifies issues with executed recovery tests, creates test summary reports, facilitates post-mortems, and schedules re-testing when needed.
* Helps identify capability gaps at a site level and leads DR remediation activities when needed. Adjusts system recovery targets based on changes in BIA or other business priorities and objectives.
* Supports and provides technical oversight to local Tech Writing resources responsible for the creation of DR documentation.
* Supports the integration of third party DR services, such as Verizon, for their respective site.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
* 1 -15years progressive experience in Information Technology.
* Minimum 5 - 1years experience in the direct management of Corporate Disaster Recovery initiatives and processes
* Knowledge at the expert level of Disaster Recovery processes and methodologies.
* Pharmaceutical industry / GxP process experience strongly preferred.
nfrastructure partners with the world's most admired brands to design, build, and operate infrastructure and applications for the Internet of Everything (IoE). An insight, execution, and results culture delivers on-time, every-time. nfrastructure offers: world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major North American market, tightly integrated high-availability, low cost remote support and an innovative, proprietary "nterprise" software suite to manage IoE projects. 2+ years of experience, unparalleled technical expertise, and overwhelmingly satisfied customers, partners and employees have made nfrastructure the best integrator with the proven ability to cultivate sustainable business model innovation across the IoE spectrum.
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.