Disaster Technical Assistance Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/20/2016
IMPAQ International LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONDISASTER TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE SPECIALIST
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
IMPAQ International, a growing and dynamic social science research firm, provides high-quality research and impact evaluation services, policy analysis, survey research, technology solutions, organizational development, technical assistance and consulting services to U.S. and international government agencies, foundations, and the private sector. IMPAQ s mission is to bring together exceptional people to develop innovative and rigorous approaches to evaluate the real-world impact of social policies and programs. IMPAQ has a diverse and collegial work environment and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer(M/F/Disability/Veterans).
The Technical Assistance Specialist provides consultation to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Disaster Technical Assistance Center (DTAC) as well as technical assistance in program planning, literature reviews, maintenance of an extensive resource library, accessing a cadre of expert consultants, and the brokering of knowledge and support. This is a full-time position located at a client site in Rockville, MD. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Technical Assistance to the Field
* Provides TA over the phone, in person, and via e-mail to States, Territories, and federally-recognized Tribes on disaster behavioral health and disaster preparedness. Engages in rapid deployment if necessary to respond to acute disaster needs.
* Serves as a technical guide on emergency management, public health, and behavioral health issues and coordinates the completion of simple and complex TA requests on disaster behavioral health preparedness and response needs.
* Provides immediate TA, administrative support (i.e. meeting agendas, conference call notes), and materials dissemination to assigned program.
* Provides TA and materials dissemination to recipients of assigned program- sponsored or -affiliated grants concerning grant guidelines, reporting format, and content requirements.
* Provides program support to assigned program on grant-related programs and/or special projects.
* Participates in and supports grant site visits, attends and supports off-site program trainings, and participates in national and regional conferences as assigned.
* Brokers access to the assigned program cadre of expert consultants and provides support to consultants/trainers deployed.
Resource and Materials Development
* Applies content background, experience, and skill set to support the development of TA guidance materials.
* Writes content for materials and publications as directed under tight deadlines and time constraints using accepted standards such as GPO style and plain language tenets and according to client expectations and preferences.
* Conducts literature reviews, Web-based searches, and/or materials development or identification in response to specific TA requests or product development needs.
* Performs other duties, as assigned.
Training, Presentation, and Facilitation
* Attends federal and non-federal meetings and conferences as a representative of assigned program area.
* Develops and revises training curricula under the guidance and direction of Federal program staff or senior project team members.
* Staffs exhibits booths and supports logistic requirements as needed.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience
* Bachelor s degree with social science, mental health, or public health emphasis with a minimum of 2 years experience in at least two of the following related disciplines: behavioral health, public health, emergency preparedness or response, or crisis counseling;
* Master s degree in related discipline such as behavioral health, public health, emergency preparedness or response, or crisis counseling
* Demonstrated experience adhering to deadlines and producing error-free work.
* Demonstrated ability to self-motivate, handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously, problem-solve independently, and respond quickly to changing priorities while meeting deadlines
* Demonstrated customer service or relationship building skills and abilities
* Proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
* Comfortable with technology and providing basic IT troubleshooting for mobile and online platforms
* Strong commitment to client satisfaction
* Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Availability to work extended hours in the case of a national emergency
* Freedom to travel up to 25 percent of time
* Knowledge of Federal government and program contracting regulations
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
CONNECT WITH US!
Not ready to apply* Connect with us for general consideration.
Please note, your application will not be submitted for this position if you close your browser before completing each section
Go back to the welcome page
Software Powered by iCIMS