This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
EBSCO Industries Inc.
Panama City Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 8635
Experience: Not Indicated
Job Category: Food Services
Education: Not Indicated
Position Type: Part-Time Regular
Required Travel: No
Location: FL - Panama City Beach/Destin
Travel Percentage: 0
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Caliza restaurant offers a unique dining experience and a high level of customer service to its clientele. The primary functions of this position involve maintaining a positive working relationship with the service team, creating an efficient work flow that supports the service and culinary staff in their daily responsibilities, awareness and practice of appropriate kitchen sanitation standards, as well as a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
As a dishwasher, the job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Setting up dish station and three bank sink with appropriate chemicals.
* Maintaining a safe and orderly work environment in the dish station.
* Communicating with the kitchen staff on needs, priorities, and placement of clean items.
* Handling plate, silver, and glass ware with care to avoid damage or breakage.
* Maintaining professional, composed and calm demeanor at all times.
* Completing all side-work as directed.
* Working as part of a team.
* Will be required to perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
* Ability to speak and understand the English language.
* Ability to stand for an entire shift and extended periods of time.
* Ability to reach, bend, squat, and lift without assistance.
* Ability to carry plates, lift glass racks and boxes weighing up to 50 pounds up to 20 times per shift without assistance.
* Ability to tolerate exposure to smoke, steam, high temperatures, and humidity.
* Ability to work in the heat and/or cold, often with extended exposure to the sun.
* Must be available to work nights, weekends, and, on occasion, a longer than normal workday, including event venues.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Previous dishwashing experience preferable but not required.
* Basic understanding of professional kitchen operation.
* Basic understanding and knowledge of safety and sanitation standards.
* Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
* Must demonstrate a commitment to quality service at all times.
* Ability to take direction and follow instructions.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to work quickly and efficiently in tight quarters.
* Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
EBSCO is an EOE - Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top