This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Dispatch Manager will provide direction to and maintain two-way communications with all dispatchers while monitoring system performance and making adjustments where necessary to maximize on-time performance, minimize customer wait times for on-call or will-call services, minimize service disruptions as a result of vehicle or operator availability or emergency situations.
* The company vision, values and culture are understood, communicated and positively promoted.
* Set positive example for dispatch agents by providing consistent support and positive leadership.
* Responsible for positive employee morale and quality customer service.
* Proactively assess staffing needs as determined by service hours and peak call periods.
* Define and publish staff schedules based on service demand and in accordance with collective agreements.
* Recruit, interview and select employees in compliance with MVT hiring practices and minimum standards of qualification.
* Recommend personnel for promotion, demotion or reclassification.
* Ensure prompt investigation and resolution of complaints and incidents as relates to direct reports and in compliance with company policy and collective agreement.
* Impose discipline according to company policy and in compliance with collective agreements including suspension or termination of employment.
* Participate in and advise senior management regarding labor relations strategies and relationships.
* Respect and maintain the confidentiality of all employee records, business records, client and customer information, data and other information not otherwise available to the public.
* Ensures all safety regulations are being observed and all training methods are adequate and effective.
* Ensure dispatch protocols are in compliance with both client and company policies and procedures.
* Organize and coordinate dispatch agent training programs for new hires and refresher customer service training programs for department personnel.
* Prepares, verifies, and authorizes employee schedules and work records for payroll purposes.
* Assigns work duties to qualified employees to ensure adequate coverage of all shifts.
* Monitor dispatch performance as it relates to driver incidents, equipment failure, vehicle breakdowns, and other potential service disruptions.
* Monitor dispatch agents to ensure timely communication of passenger cancellations or changes as required.
* Provides dispatch coverage during peak service times and during employee shortages
* Ensure dispatchers assign will-call and same day trips to available and appropriate. vehicles in order to ensure on-time performance, minimize wait and ride times and to maintain system productivity.
* Ensure dispatchers document accurately and appropriately daily events related to service.
* Manage vehicle pull-outs according to schedule and/or customer expectations.
* Maximize wage to revenue percentages and minimize non-revenue and overtime wages.
* Define and publish driver schedules based on service demand and in accordance with collective agreements.
* Maintain a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self or other employees.
* Maintain accurate records and appropriate filing systems.
* Three (3) years management experience in the transportation industry. Supervisory experience of a work group in a different industry may be substituted at the company's sole discretion.
* Substantial experience in the operation phases of a transit organization.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Must have a strong working knowledge of CAD and AVL and skills to resolve situational challenges.
* Must work effectively with fellow employees and have strong leadership characteristics.
* Must have good time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
* Requires flexible hours, including long days and weekends.
* Must have the ability to recruit and develop staff to deliver reliable service product.
* Knowledge of service area and system parameters.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
* Demonstrated ability to manage with a \\"Safety First\\" attitude.
* Fixed route and Paratransit experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Knowledge of windows-based computer operating systems and functional knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
* Strong organizational skills, filing and file maintenance.
* Ability to read, write and speak English.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
* Able to use multi-line phone system.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and effectively.
* Ability to work independently and objectively.
* Strong organizational and analytical skills.
* Ability to effectively delegate tasks and provide appropriate supervision and follow up to department staff.
* Provide excellent customer service and present a professional demeanor and appearance.
* Maintain attendance within policy.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.