Dispatch / Reservations Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Dispatch/Reservations Manager oversees all reservations, scheduling, and dispatching operations. He/she will work closely with MV's management and supervisor teams to confirm service is high quality. They oversee all customer service activities, monitor call hold times, perform quality assurance reviews of all recordings, and work with reservations, dispatch and scheduling staff to confirm that all call center operations appropriately represent and consistently meet company standards as directed by company's operating contract.
This position is located in San Diego. Relocation assistance is available.
* Appropriately staff the call center.
* Manage and oversee training, scheduling of staff and re-training in any deficient areas the call center staff.
* Monitor and oversee all quality assurance/customer service of all call center staff.
* Oversee and monitor ticket store staff.
* Oversee passenger trip requests manually or through use of automated system to achieve system goals (productivity, on-time performance, efficiency, minimum ride lengths, etc.) and considering operator and vehicle availability and vehicle capacity types.
* Oversee when necessary rescheduling trips when necessary in the event of operator or vehicle shortages and in consideration of project work scheduling policies.
* Be the direct liaison for the call center staff union.
* Act as the direct liaison with the client for the call center and its employees.
* Be \\"on call\\" during all hours of the call center operations for issues/concerns.
* Daily/hourly monitor all system efficiencies and make adjustments when needed.
* Work with Payroll Support Manager to handle open enrollment and ongoing benefits for Call Center employees.
* Work with Payroll Support Manager on daily and bi-weekly imputing and paying out of Call Center employees pay.
* Maintain professional demeanor and appearance.
* Maintain attendance within policy.
* Handle multiple tasks accurately and effectively.
* Additional responsibilities, as assigned.
* Formal education beyond high school is desirable and may be substituted for a portion of the experience requirement.
* Must have a minimum of (5) five years of comprehensive experience in operations management and a combination of (7) seven years of management or supervisory experience in a paratransit environment with knowledge of Trapeze scheduling software.
* Knowledge of deviated fixed-route a plus
* Previous data entry, dispatch, customer service, supervisory and/or operating experience desired but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Strong customer service skills.
* Data entry experience and general knowledge of windows-based computer operating system and Microsoft Office package.
* Knowledge of service area.
* Ability to read, write and speak clearly the English language - basic knowledge of Spanish may be required depending on contract location and requirements.
* Able to use multi-line phone system and handle multiple tasks concurrently.
* Ability to supervise.
* Ability to work independently and follow directions.
* Ability to adapt and remain flexible in a dynamic environment.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.