Dispatcher AMR / MedicWest
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY
This position is responsible for the compliance to company protocols regarding call taking techniques. The Dispatcher takes information from a customer regarding transports; to ensure a safe, efficient and timely transportation; also to determine what type of transport is needed for the particular situation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Monitor and manage performance of system EMDs
* Maintain relationships and act as company liaison to local 911 centers.
* Provide ongoing quality assurance/improvement as it relates to EMD call-taking and compliance to company procedures and protocols.
* Allocates EMS resources properly as the need arises by application of appropriate decision making rules and approved protocols.
* Assists in locating scene of incidents and selecting the safest, fastest route to such scene using all available locator aids.
* Relays instructions from supervisors, messages and emergency information.
* Maintains a current working knowledge of all company policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and memorandums.
* Follows established parameters/formats in receiving requests for service.
* Responsible for knowledge and use of equipment, including but not limited to the computer, printers, 911 equipment, recording devices, telephones, and other equipment as assigned by supervisors.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Six months experience in the EMS industry or related field
* Well-developed communication and organizational skills
* Basic computer skills
* Valid EMD certificate by end of probation (six months)
* No discipline in file, written or above within past 12 months, no tardy discipline in file, written or above within past 6 months (Internal applicants only)
* CPR Certification
* CPR instructor certification preferred
* EMT certification preferred
* Experience with CAD and SSM preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Skilled in reading and writing English. Ability to communicate clearly on the radio and telephone. Ability to record, transmit, and report information accurately.
* Ability to efficiently utilize all equipment assigned to him/her. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Possess good typing skills with speed and accuracy necessary to efficiently process emergency and nonemergency calls. Ability to understand basic computer applications.
Occasionally: Repetitive tasks, hazards, and boredom.
Frequently: Intense tasks.
Constantly: High pressure, fatigue, life and death situations.
Occasionally: Walking outside, lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, carrying, bending, leaning, multiple physical activities performed at the same time.
Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, walking inside, reaching, typing, sitting, and seeing.
Frequently: Works alone and with others.
Constantly: Works around others, face-to-face and verbal contact with others, electrical equipment.
Occasionally: Complex writing.
Frequently: Simple reading and writing, complex reading, simple math skills, decision making.
Constantly: Clerical, judgment, and reasoning.
Frequently: Facsimile, calculator, and copy machine.
Constantly: Computer/typewriter, keyboard, telephone.
American Medical Response (AMR) and MedicWest, as a Federal Contractor request priority of services and referrals of protected veterans.
American Medical Response (AMR) and MedicWest shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that AMR and MedicWest take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. This document in no way constitutes a contract of employment. AMR Las Vegas reserves the right to modify position descriptions, policies, or any other procedural documents at any time, for any reason, without prior notice.