This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MV Transportation is seeking a Dispatcher who works to direct the day-to-day route operations and report to the Dispatch Supervisors. This work is done in compliance with the procedures defined by the client and in conformance with company procedures. His/her duties involve daily communication and interaction with drivers and clients. He/she must also organize and conduct activities to assure safe, cost-effective, on-time operating performance. Tracks and reports sign-in/sign-out times, assures routes are timely, and communicates service issues to the Dispatch Supervisors or Dispatch Managers as appropriate.
* Takes client calls and communicates issues with drivers and Dispatch Supervisors or Dispatch Managers as appropriate.
* Monitors radio, telephones and on-road provision of service for quality.
* Responsible for influencing positive employee morale and quality customer service.
* Monitors and completes driver sign-in and sign-out daily.
* May assign trips to drivers to assure adequate disbursement of trips between all assigned routes.
* Monitors daily system performance.
* Participates in analysis and review of operating performance.
* Notes closed and/or late starting of routes and communicates same to Dispatch Supervisors and/or Dispatch Managers as appropriate.
* All other duties, as assigned.
* One (1) year previous Dispatcher experience preferred.
* Two (2) years of Customer Service experience is preferred.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Experience with Trapeze software.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain composure under pressure in a fast pace environment.
* Demonstrate a high customer service commitment.
* Able to demonstrate professional phone manner.
* Knowledge of the service area is a plus.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.