This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
Under the supervision of the Dispatch Supervisor, the Dispatcher is responsible for coordinating activities of employees engaged in delivering product.
* Confers with plant production and yard personnel to establish delivery schedules according to factors such as truck capacities, distances to delivery site, and unloading times.
* Confers with customer services representative regarding scheduled times for customer deliveries.
* Generates invoices, delivery tickets, and related shipping documents.
* Assigns drivers for scheduled deliveries of concrete products.
* Generates reports of cash and charge sales.
* Strives to meet customer expectations without exception and achieve highly positive customer satisfaction survey results consistent with strategic objectives.
* Jointly coordinates with operations and sales to resolve problems and improve quality of service.
* Develops working relationships with internal customers in order to ensure customer needs are addressed.
* Records quantity of sand, cement, gravel, and water required for each mix on loading ticket.
* Prepares invoices, delivery tickets, relating shipping documents, and assigns drivers for scheduled deliveries.
* Prepares cash and charge sales reports for shipments from drivers.
* Maintains radio contact with drivers to expedite deliveries.
* May recommend to management improvements in procedures to improve customer service.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
* Frequent sitting, standing, and walking.
* Some exposure to dust, noise, and extreme temperatures.
* 0-1 year experience preferred.