This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 1/6/2017
Waste Pro, USA
New Orleans, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY OF POSITION:
The purpose of the Disptacher position is to communicate with Waste Pro drivers to respond to incoming service orders, schedule service, resolve route and service issues and complete daily routing dump and crew data entry. Distribute information to driver teams as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintain contact between drivers and home base, dispatching drivers to calls as they are received, using information on customer needs, drivers' locations and loads, and daily factors to balance cost and speed of response.
2. Assign routes and service tickets to appropriate drivers throughout the day and for the next day; closes service tickets each day.
3. Plan, distribute, monitor and follow-up daily route assignments for residential, roll-off and commercial drivers to ensure customers are serviced per Waste Pro standards and agreements.
4. Troubleshoots and resolves potential delivery and pick-up problems before they result in service issues. Effectively communicate with both drivers and customers to ensure customer satisfaction. Communicate service changes to Sales staff.
5. Answer incoming calls from Customer Service and provide requested route information and/or follow up. Work directly with Customer Service Manager, Operations Manager and the Driver to ensure prompt follow through of all issues. Distribute county requests to route supervisors.
6. Communicates with maintenance shop personnel and serves as an emergency point of contact to drivers.
7. Review route paperwork, enter customer information to database, and close work orders from previous day routes, paying close attention to detail, identifying and correcting any issues. Records and documents information from drivers and distributes to appropriate departments.
8. Maintains all data in appropriate systems including the following: Verify all dump tickets have been received and entered into Tower. Close tickets and note in Trackese. Enter new drivers, truck and route data information in Tower. Enter \\"Crew Out\\" into Tower and provide to Supervisors.
9. Print, review and make data entry corrections to productivity reports for route supervisors daily.
10. Distribute and maintain driver phones/radios -- including completion of software updates, and charging phones every evening.
11. Additional responsibilities may include uniform tracking, timecard review for Drivers, reconciliation of supervisor fuel tickets, and maintenance of PPE inventory. Ensures that supplies are on hand for necessary forms. Prepares Saturday work.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro USA.
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
Education and Experience
* High school diploma or G.E.D and a minimum of 6 months of related work experience required.
* Experience within the Waste industry, transportation, or logistics is preferred.
* Previous customer service experience in a call center environment preferred.
* Good telephone and 2-way radio skills; ability to deal with internal and external customers in a courteous and professional manner
* Computer proficiency- MS Office and Typing Skills,
* Ability to react well under pressure and treat others with respect
* Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
* Ability to prioritize and plan work activities;
* Ability to work efficiently and effectively, both independently and as a team
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, driving, etc.)- most of the work day;
* Required to exert physical effort in tasks that involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight handling objects less than 25 pounds- rarely;
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.