This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
West Virginia University Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
October 25, 2012
o High School Diploma or GED, is preferred,
o One year prior experience in an office setting is preferred.
Performs a wide range of clerical and receptionist tasks including: dispatching, data entry, access/key control, responding to telephone calls, documentation, and clerical activities in support of the Facilities Engineering/Planning Design and Construction and Security departments to provide a safe and comfortable environment for the patients and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Performs activities involved in the dispatching of personnel, assuring that the appropriate individual is dispatched to the problem location. Must be able to reconcile conflicting assignments and justify decisions made to ensure timely response to trouble calls and to facilitate efficient departmental operations.
1.1 Answers trouble calls for Facilities Engineering, Security, Biomedical Engineering, Nutrition and
Environmental Services, and Telecommunications departments in a courteous and professional manner,
identifying self and department at all times.
1.2 Routes all routine and/or emergency work request to the appropriate department/individual for resolution
immediately upon receipt of the call.
1.3 Dispatches personnel in response to telephone requests from internal customers using two-way radio
1.4 When appropriate, contacts the originator of the call to confirm the status of work request prior to the end of
1.5 Ensures that all unresolved work requests are forwarded to the next shift dispatcher and appropriate team s
To Be Done box to facilitate accurate follow-up.
2. Monitors building control systems (i.e., Simplex Fire, Translogic, generators, oxygen, medical gases, Siemens and Security), for Ruby and all ancillary facilities. When a situation arises the dispatcher activates departmental response to alarm and/or trouble indications to facilitate timely responses to those alarms.
2.1 Initiates the departmental response plan associated with all building monitoring systems in accordance with the departmental policy and procedure manual.
2.2 Initiates Code Red, Code Green, Code Pink and Disaster Plan in accordance with specific instructions regarding Phase I, II, and III responding by Facilities Engineering and Security.
3. Assists with departmental communication functions to ensure that accurate and timely communication is facilitated and that the department is presented in a positive manner.
3.1 Interacts with other hospital departments and intervenes as a liaison for Facilities Engineering and Security, assuring timely communications are facilitated and that the department is presented in a positive manner.
3.2 Assists departmental personnel with required communications (relaying messages, etc.), assuring accurate routing of messages in accordance with the time frames set forth by the department.
3.3 Maintains and routes all pertinent information to the next shift dispatcher assuring accurate communication between shift personnel in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the department.
3.4 Completes the weekly staffing board in the control room at the end of the week for the following week, assuring that accurate information is utilized for the dispatching of personnel.
4. Monitors critical building areas, i.e., entrances, exits, outside areas, corridors, and patient areas, via the Security Camera System. Utilized the system to identify security breeches or emergency situations.
4.1 When security breeches or questionable activity is observed, responsible for dispatching Security to the area and providing Security with as much visual information as possible.
4.2 Records each occurrence of activity reported to Security on the dispatch log.
4.3 Reports on activity in specific areas via radio, as requested by Security in conjunction with emergency calls.
4.4 Ensures that the Security Camera System is used for official purposes only by authorized staff. Reports any unauthorized use to Supervision.
5. Maintains and monitors the key control system to insure the integrity of the system and the timely access to rooms by authorized hospital personnel.
5.1 Coordinates access control activities with other hospital departments and provides room access to authorized hospital personnel during all shifts.
5.2 Maintain documentation of room access/key logs for temporary access granted to hospital personnel. Ensure adherence to the department policy and procedure for key control.
5.3 Coordinates access and key control activities with Facilities Technicians and Security assuring room access is available as needed for emergencies. Assists in arranging prior approval of department directors in accordance with the department policy and procedure, when appropriate.
6. Performs data entry and clerical activities in affiliation with maintenance management software program, and other software systems to ensure that accurate information is provided to department personnel on a timely basis.
6.1 Ensures that all work orders and time sheets to be entered and closed are complete as assigned, in order to provide accurate work order status information for Facilities Engineering management.
6.2 Routinely types and prints reports on a timely basis as assigned by supervision.
6.3 Performs various filing tasks of pertinent documents in a neat and orderly manner to facilitate accurate and timely information retrieval.
6.4 Performs clerical duties including typing, copying, inventory data entry, work request updates, and other duties and projects as assigned by supervision.
7. Documents, maintains and monitors all pertinent interdepartmental work related information concerning management and staff, and reports or routes that information in a timely manner to the Facilities Engineering and/or Security departments as assigned by supervision.
7.1 Maintains an accurate daily log of dispatching activities at all times.
7.2 Updates and monitors call log documentation to ensure adequate and precise information regarding trouble calls and action taken, and status of requests.
8. Continually seeks education and training opportunities to enhance job-related skills.
8.1 Participates in ongoing education activities to develop, maintain, and enhance job skills and expertise.
8.2 When required, helps Inventory Control Clerk fill parts orders, inventory storeroom and house-wide equipment, and receive inventory into CMMS system.
9. Participates in meeting the goals and objectives of the Facilities Engineering and Security department to ensure that the departments contribute to the attainment of the Hospital s goals and objectives.
9.1 Helps implement and maintain documentation methods and facilitate change in documentation methods as required to meet changing requirements.
9.2 Actively participates in improvement and operational improvement programs in both departments to promote gains in efficiency and improvement in the work environment.