This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Group presentation
At thyssenkrupp we have more than 155,000 employees in nearly 80 countries and annual sales of 43 billion. We are active in automotive engineering, logistics, plant technology, steel production, elevator manufacturing and much more. We work in large and small businesses all around the world - but we always work together. We have over 200 years of experience in industry and the latest cutting-edge technology. We have a position that's right for you, that piques your interest, and that puts your skills to the test.
We strive to make cities the best ever places to live, by advancing an industry that moves over 1 billion people each day. We are transforming our business by driving the industry norm and challenging ourselves, fostering a culture of internal and external collaboration, and building on our unique engineering capabilities to optimize existing and create new products and solutions for our customers that cater to real mobility needs. thyssenkrupp Elevator brings together the Group's global activities in passenger transportation systems. With sales of 7.2 billion euros in fiscal 2014/2015 and customers in 150 countries, thyssenkrupp Elevator built its position as one of the world's leading elevator companies from scratch in a mere 40 years' time applying thyssenkrupp unique engineering capabilities. With more than 50,000 highly skilled employees, the company offers smart and innovative products and services designed to meet customers' individual requirements. The portfolio includes passenger and freight elevators, escalators and moving walks, passenger boarding bridges, stair and platform lifts as well as tailored service solutions for all products. Over 900 locations around the world provide an extensive sales and service network to guarantee closeness to customers.'
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is the largest producer of elevators in the Americas, with more than 15,500 employees, in over 230 branch and service locations. thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas oversees all business for the operations in the United States, Canada, Central and South America. It is a subsidiary of thyssenkrupp Elevator AG.
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is currently seeking an experienced Dispatcher to join our world class team in Coppell, TX.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
* Responsible for the timely disposition of incoming calls from customers experiencing problems with the equipment covered under a ThyssenKrupp Elevator service contract
* Professionally greeting the customer, obtaining adequate identification from the customer, cross referencing the active contract files to verify service obligation and special instructions,
* Dispatch the appropriate service technician, and providing the necessary follow up to ensure appropriate hand-off or call closure
* Handle all calls originating from elevators including attempting to calm trapped passengers, discerning emergency situations from nuisance calls, contacting appropriate local authorities or agents of TKE, and maintaining communication with the customer if appropriate
* Use appropriate phone etiquette and thorough knowledge of call center processes to receive trouble calls from customers with TKE service contracts, record necessary information to the call center information system, and follow local procedures to ensure a designated local agent has received control of the problem
* Requires use of oral and written communication; involves working within established office environment under normal lighting and climate control tolerances
* Involves lifting computer equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
* Requires the ability to distinguish color coded computer functions
* Uses periods of high concentration and knowledge of how to handle emergency situations following a defined set of procedures
* Requires the ability to maintain voice contact in an effort to reassure the passengers and to use judgment in contacting appropriate TKE agents or local authorities
* Follow predefined procedures to escalate calls to appropriate level of authority when unable to move call responsibility to designated TKE agent
* Involves use of judgment on call escalation
* Provides direct clerical support for the entry of call center data into the call center information system and to perform filing, report generation and report distribution functions
* Performs other various job duties as may be assigned
* Bilingual in Spanish preferred
* Requires knowledge of basic Windows based personal computer operations
* Speak and write in a clear and understandable manner for internal/external relations
* Understand and use proper grammar
* Maintain a pleasant telephone voice and must be capable of learning and using proper phone etiquette
* Maintain a pleasant and calm demeanor in emergency situations or with entrapped passengers
* Requires ability to type at least 50 words per minute, including numbers proficiency, and should possess a working knowledge of general office equipment
Our offer to you
We work together closely and respect each other, for over 200 years now and up till today. If that is just as important to you as it is to us, apply now!
To learn more about thyssenkrupp in North America, please visit our website:
thyssenkrupp Elevator Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.