Distribution Administration Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAIRGAS USA, LLC - is one of the nation's leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty gases, and hard goods, such as welding equipment and related products. Airgas is a leading U.S. producer of atmospheric gases with 16 air separation plants, a leading producer of carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide, one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products, and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals. We have more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations nationwide. Airgas is a company of hard-working men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed. When a challenge arises, we provide the right solutions, leveraging our many years of industry process expertise and our extensive gases, welding, and safety products offering.
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as a Distribution Administration Assistant at our Kingsport, TN location.
This position provides administrative support to internal Airgas branch and plant personnel and interacts with outside vendors on the issues related to cylinder production, maintenance, inventory and shipments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
* Compiling and preparing reports, order entry, providing administrative support, answering phones and filing.
* Entering production and transfers, receiving transfers and bulk shipments, inputting inventory, and collecting all month end reports for production reporting purposes.
* Process purchasing requisitions, tracks purchasing orders issued to vendors, does goods receipts on purchase orders and tracks accounts payable for the plant.
* Handle invoices for multiple departments. Make sure all paperwork is attached to invoices and approved by supervisor for payment. Code and date invoices, make copies and send to corporate for payment. Research overdue invoices for vendors.
* Performs other duties as assigned and follows company policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
* SAP and CU experience a plus.
* Excellent customer service & communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
* Intermediate to expert level computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Working knowledge of business English, spelling, and arithmetic; office practices and procedures; departmental rules and regulations.
* Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to request clarification when needed.
* Ability to maintain established records and files.
* Ability to meet the public well and to deal effectively with their questions or problems, seeking assistance when needed.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees, and officials in other departments.
* Must be action oriented with the ability to work independently and without supervision.
* Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
* May be required to type accurately and/or operate a calculator by touch.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Monday - Friday work week, competitive salary and full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, holidays, sick days, short and long term disability.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability