Distribution Center Billing Clerk
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
Using SAP, this position is responsible for ensuring that the distribution centers are properly billing all trucks, verifying inbounds and accurately reporting inventory. This involves constant communication with truck lines, customers, other Smithfield facilities, distribution centers (DCs), and various other departments within Smithfield Corporate.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
* Accurately verifying and billing domestic shipments to customers and inter-company shuttles.
* In addition, verifying and billing export shipments to customers: includes collecting all required signatures (USDA & Veterinarian), accurately filling out the export documentation based on the requirements of the different countries.
* Each of the Smithfield DC's currently ship over 1,000 orders per week.
25% Inventory Control
* This is a critical piece to the operations of the distribution centers.
* In order to ensure inventory accuracy and proper rotation there are several reconciliations done on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
* The average inventory at the DC's is over 11,000,000 pounds and turns more than twice a month.
15% Distribution Centers
* All product at the DC's is received from a Smithfield plant or an outside vendor.
* Inbound paperwork must be reviewed and any discrepancies immediately resolved.
* This requires constant communication with the plants.
15% Customer Service
* DC billers communicate on a daily basis with truck lines, customers, people on site and other Smithfield facilities.
* They are expected to make decisions daily that have an impact to the supply chain.
* All of the items above require constant communication to accurately perform.
* The billers are the link between the Distribution Center and the Schelduling, Transportation, International and Customer Service deparments.
* The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
* May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Strong oral and written language skills.
* Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word software and able to navigate and research the Internet.
* SAP experience (preferred).
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision includes close vision and ability to adjust focus.
* Frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The majority of the time is spent in an office setting outside of the production plant. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
* Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.