Distribution Center Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFACILITY LEADER - Majority of the time spent using independent judgment in making employment-related and business decisions, or effectively recommend such decisions including but not limited to product and department related strategies, hiring, promoting, disciplining, suspending, discharging, rewarding or otherwise engage in resolving Partner-related matters
- Provides Operations Leaders technical training, coaching, and developmental opportunities.
- Establishes Partner Relations expectations, responsibilities, and accountabilities for the Leadership team.
- Provides Positive Partner Relations guidance to Leadership team by communicating a clear understanding of Pro Partner strategies.
- Creates the Facility's safety expectations and monitors results.
- Defines hiring criteria and authorizes staffing requisitions.
- Creates to atmosphere to ensure that Facility is in compliance with internal and external policies, procedures, guidelines, and governance.
- Creates and Executes cross functional communication plan to share tactical and strategic plans and initiatives with Partners
- Creates an environment to elicit Partner support in the communication
- Periodically reviews performance expectations to ensure alignment with goals
- Provides direction in accordance with Distribution's overall strategy. Establishes future direction and vision.
- Assembles a strong and diverse leadership team that achieves their objectives.
CUSTOMER SERVICE & SUPPORT
- Creates forecasting model to ensure customer service requirements are met.
- Notifies the facility leadership team of long term operational goals and gains their commitment.
- Works enterprise wide to ensure receiving and delivery schedules are appropriate to the business.
- Operates a business unit that consistently meets customer needs and expectations.
- Maximizes the use of assets and resources to achieve facility financial goals.
WAREHOUSE CONDITIONS demonstrated experience with presentations to include cross functional teams
- Advanced analytical & influencing skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with operating internal and external software systems at an advanced level not limited to: creating spreadsheets graphs charts and preparing presentations.
- Attendance and completion of Leadership & Development Classes as assigned
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of financial reports in one or more functional area(s)
- Budget experience
- Demonstrated success in process improvement initiatives within one department/facility
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
PHYSICAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Primary Office environment
- Able to work in multiple temperature zones
- Safely maneuver the facility without breaking OSHA regulations
LOCATIONS: Houston TX
COMPENSATION: $100- $120k base, annual bonus (Paid Quarterly)