Distribution Center Material Handler-(2nd Shift) - ReqCode 16000BNZ
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
DescriptionDICK'S Sporting Goods is seeking full-time distribution center Material Handler to join our team in Goodyear, AZ! Every associate at DICK'S Sporting Goods is united by a common thread - our PASSION for the sports we love. Associates joining our team have an opportunity to be a part of a growing Fortune 500 company that makes lasting impacts on our communities through sport and activity.
DICK'S Sporting Goods operates 4 state-of-the art Distribution Centers located in Smithton, PA (near Pittsburgh); Plainfield, IN (near Indianapolis); Atlanta, GA; and Goodyear, AZ. Associates at our Distribution Centers are responsible for the final transportation of merchandise to the sales floor. Our critical team members literally 'deliver' the DICK'S experience to our customers.
Material Handler Duties:
This Material Handler position is for our 2nd shift.
Schedule for 2nd shift is Monday-Thursday 3:30pm-2:15am with some additional pre-scheduled shifts required as business need dictates.
Material Handlers at the DICK'S Sporting Goods Distribution Center are responsible for achieving company objectives by overseeing specific operations within the Goodyear Distribution Center.
Essential functions of this position include:
* Unloading, loading, staging, and warehousing of cartons and large bulky objects
* Using safe and secure material handling methods to maximize use of trailer space and distribute merchandise properly according to our standards
* Verifying purchase orders, location numbers, case pack quantities, and other information prior to receiving, picking or loading merchandise
* Completing required documentation neatly and accurately
* Performing spot-checks of system to ensure merchandise is sorted properly
* Operating manual and mechanical equipment in a safe manner
* Perform clerical duties
* Ability to stand, bend, reach above head, climb stairs, stoop, push, and lift cartons weighing up to 50 pounds repetitively
* Basic manual dexterity
* Ability to reach and recognize applicable numbers, follow verbal directions, and communicate verbally
* Ability to keep pace with production standards
* Operate power equipment confidently and safely (including forklifts that will raise you off of the ground)
* Candidates must be at least 18 years of age
Click HERE to review our Rewards & Benefits Information
* Competitive Hourly Rate Starting at $12.00 per hour
* 2-Shift operations in a climate-controlled environment
Depending on position, candidates seeking employment with DICK'S Sporting Goods should be prepared to successfully complete a pre-employment background check prior to beginning employment.
Interviews by Appointment Only.
DICK'S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://dsg.contacthr.com/50075526.jpg /