This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
VWR International, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsible for ensuring that all shipping and receiving documents and functions are completed accurately and on time. Communicates with customers as required and, with the Transportation Department, develops inbound and outbound freight schedules.
* With the Warehouse or Transportation Manager, schedules inbound and outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations and capacities.
* Ensures proper labels and tickets have been applied before shipping.
* Maintains good security habits at dock doors.
* Assists in loading and unloading trucks when necessary; operates fork lift, crane, and truck as needed.
* Complies with OSHA and other appropriate standards.
* Ensures the accuracy of all receiving and shipping documents.
* Gathers and maintains all data and records relative to shipping and receiving activities.
* Enters data into systems.
* Ensures that receiving counts match packing lists and purchase orders and that shipping counts match picking documents.
* Assists in resolving any discrepancies.
* Collects all documentation for inbound freight and route to the proper record-keeping unit.
* Directs and oversees the pallet control and exchange program.
* Participates in cycle counts and help maintain inventory accuracy.
Experience & Skills:
* Requires good judgment and decision-making ability.
* Communication skills, both oral and written, are essential.
* Simple math skills required.
* Ability to operate fork lift, crane, and truck as needed.
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Minimum of 1-2 years experience required.
* Experience with shipping and receiving operations is also necessary.
* Experience with personal computers.
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
* Although the associate primarily works in an office environment, while performing the duties of this job, the associate can be exposed to an industrial warehouse environment. The associate may work near moving mechanical machinery and/or vehicles and the noise level in the work environment can be loud.
* Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
* A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
* Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .