This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
The Distribution Clerk is responsible for verifying and keeping records on outgoing shipments and incoming shipments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of outgoing and incoming shipments to verify information against bills of lading, orders or other records.
* Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages and corresponds with appropriate shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
* Routes items to departments or personnel * Routes paperwork to departments or personnel.
* Maintains inventory of shipping and receiving materials and supplies.
* Examines incoming product to ensure shipments meet specifications.
* Schedules receiving appointments.
* Dispatches and confirms all outgoing loads.
* Completes compliance logs.
* Maintains all paperwork.
* Records seals on all inbound and outbound loads.
* Coordinates trailer traffic with the Security.
* Cross trains in all duties and responsibilities of the Distribution office.
* Promotes a safe work environment through training and implementation.
* Suggests changes in the working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department or team.
* Suggests ways to control labor and supply costs as well as improve processes.
* Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on continuous improvement.
* Ensures that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP s) are followed.
* Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices).
* Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free work place.
* Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or safety-related issues to Management.
* Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Education, Skills and Experience:
* High School or GED required.
Skills and Experience:
* Ability to work overtime, irregular hours or rotating shifts.
* Excellent organizational skills as well multi-tasking skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficiency with basic office equipment.
* Must understand numbers and apply basic statistics.
* Ability to compute by adding, subtracting and averaging numbers.
* Ability to analyze, interpret, correlate, and present data.
* Bilingual English/Spanish skills helpful.
* Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of diverse individuals within the plant and corporate environments.
* Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
* Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job in the plant, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles. Employee may be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures that range from below zero (0) degrees Fahrenheit to over ninety (90) degrees Fahrenheit. While in the plant, the employee is required to utilize the required personal protective equipment.
The Distribution Clerk will report directly to the Distribution Supervisor.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to these policies. The employee understands that this job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.