Distribution Development Manager 9/2/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Distribution Development Manager I (DDM I) will generate sales opportunities by marketing company product lines to end users with a focus on the construction industry through distribution partnerships. The DDM I should expand end users perception of Stanley Security Solutions (SSS) to that of a total access control and hardware company. This will be accomplished by the DDM I becoming competent in all types of hardware lines and electronic products and partnering with subject matter experts, such as, Electronic Sales Engineers (ESEs) and Architectural Consultant Reps (ACRs). The DDM I will develop and maintain their geographic area of responsibility as assigned to increase market share of the end user base.
This position reports directly to the Regional Sales Manager. This position will work closely with End Users, other DDMs, Distributors, EUCs (End User Consultants), KSSs (Keying Systems Specialists), ACRs, ESEs, and Spec Writers on the regional team. There are no direct reports to this position.
1. Develop new end user opportunities by marketing company product lines and offering value-added services to new construction decision-makers through the distribution channel.
2. Coordinate with EUCs, ACRs, Spec Writers and KSSs on regional team to move opportunities created by the team through our distribution partners to negotiate and close the deals. Negotiate and establish sales quotes based on volume of products purchased and nature of marketplace to effectively offer competitive pricing and ensure the highest profitability.
3. Maintain and manage existing Distributor network relationships. This includes tracking of basic customer information, sales contracts, inventory levels, contract terms and other pertinent account details. May also recommend the addition of new distribution partners as needed to accomplish national and local sales and service goals.
4. Develop strategies, tactics, and contingency plans to obtain specific construction market share. Recommend deviations from standard policies and procedures such as pre-purchase approvals for payment, terms, discounts and freight charges. Maintain close communication and coordination with established Distributors to achieve mutually satisfactory solutions to end user concerns.
5. Partner with ACRs to provide architects with consultation and specifications services for new construction projects.
6. Stay abreast of industry/territory knowledge and trends. Adapt to change in the marketplace.
7. Work closely with teammates to achieve the monthly, quarterly and annual goals in place for your region or assigned territory.
8. Establish periodic goals and objectives and understand how they will be measured, receive feedback from the Regional Sales Manager and work towards achieving these agreed upon results within the stated time period.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by sales leadership.
Able to follow a philosophy of sales and associated techniques consistent with corporate objectives, goals and stated policies
Works under general supervision and relies on general knowledge and sales experience to achieve goals and deliver sales plans.
Knowledge of construction codes and building requirements
Organization and time management skills required
Knowledge of SMS product lines preferred; electronics sales experience a plus
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to make group presentations
Skills and experience with personal computers, including electronic E-mail, personal scheduling, word processing and electronic spreadsheet skills.
BS in Sales, Business, Marketing or similar field preferred
2 4+ years sales experience
* Building End user Loyalty
* Sales Ability/Persuasiveness
* Meeting Leadership
* End user Focus
* Continuous Improvement
* Follow-up: Communication
* Must be able to make sales calls to and at distributor, architect and end user sites.
* Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
* Must be able to manipulate a computer keyboard
* Must be able to verbally communicate via telephone.
* Must be able to use public transportation for travel.
* Must have good vision with the ability to adjust to focus, with or without correction.
All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status..
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.