Distribution Engineer 9/1/2016
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Distribution Engineer-
My client, a leading gas & electric utility, is searching for a Senior Electrical Engineer for their Midwest location. In this position you will develop, plan, direct, coordinate and control the design, construction and operation of the transmission and distribution facilities and support system control functions so as to provide efficient, safe and reliable system operations.
In this position you will:
* Provide project management of substation, sub-transmission and distribution line projects, including planning, design, organization, establishment of project objectives, equipment specification, procurement and delivery scheduling, construction supervision, inspection, testing, troubleshooting and documentation. Supervise subordinate engineering personnel for assigned project completion.
* Develop and implement, in conjunction with operations, engineering staff, the annual plan, two-year work plan and long range plans.
* Conducts sub transmission and distribution load flow, fault current and coordination studies.
* Develop and maintain sub transmission and distribution specifications for equipment and construction standards.
* Determine requirements and make recommendations for OMS/SCADA/GIS/Stakeout integration, including equipment and software specifications, system maintenance, and system expansion.
* Assists in coordinating transmission and distribution system switching and maintenance activities with Operation personnel.
* Assists in the restoration of service following storms and other unplanned outages, assuring overall sub-transmission and distribution system integrity and stability, stressing safety and efficiency.
To qualify for this position, you must have the following background:
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited university with an emphasis in power system-related studies.
* Registration as a Professional Engineer in Kansas or reciprocal
* Seven to ten years of progressively responsible experience in electric utility engineering
* Experience in all phases of electrical design, construction and maintenance with special emphasis in one or more of the following areas, on metering, relaying, and line and substation design.
* Some supervision and management experience preferred.
* Experience should include such Distribution Analysis programs such as CYME, Milsoft, or equivalent.
This is an excellent opportunity to get into a growing company, to prove yourself and climb the company ladder. This position is located in an economic and cultural center of the region. It is a college town, home to a state university and a travel hub of the mid-west. The city is within driving distance to several larger metropolitan cities with college and professional sports, dining, shopping and other big city amenities.