This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Distribution Manager ensures that all Distribution and
Fleet programs and initiatives are executed as designed
by providing leadership and coordination of activities.
This includes the direct responsibility for efficient
operation of all routes to increase sales and reduce
* Plans, directs and monitors routing for all assigned
facilities to ensure proper route coverage.
* Responsible for direction and coordination of route
drivers to ensure maximum performance relative to
product delivery, service and good customer relations.
* Responsible to ensure customer complaints are
investigated and resolved related to in-store service
* Ensures route returns are maintained within company
* Ensures full compliance with all company quality
* Performs regular inspections to ensure all facilities,
equipment and vehicles are in full compliance with
* Assures timely and assertive responses to inspection
findings, working closely with Company Safety and DOT
* Develops annual cost savings initiatives that are
aligned with the division and corporate strategic plan.
* Coordinates and monitors routing software activities
and assures improvement strategies are realized.
* Must have negotiation skills to work with Third Party
Carriers / Vendors should outside services be needed to
move product / provide services.
* Must be able to manage the department s annual
operating budget and assist in cost analysis.
* Understands and drives distribution initiatives as
well as overall cost-conscious culture.
* Monitors handheld computer activities and assures
improvement strategies are realized.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would
include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas,
confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall
* Ensures compliance with all Dean Corporate policies
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager
requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating,
* Has management responsibility involving staffing,
conducting performance appraisals, training and
developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases,
terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree preferred plus two to five years
experience to include Distribution, Transportation and
Logistics preferred. Experience should include Cost
Reporting Procedures, Budgeting, Inventory Control as
well as experience in Routing Software, GPS Systems and
* Class A CDL License preferred.
* Possess Project Management skills, financial
management skills and ability to analyze and develop
* Possess regulatory knowledge in applicable Federal,
State and Local guidelines (i.e. DOT, OSHA, DMV).
* Union (for union facilities), safety and workers
compensation experience preferred.
* Experience leading and following safety/security
policies and procedures.
* Ability to follow all sanitation and quality policies
and procedures, and report and follow through on any
* Ability to train and motivate Distribution Supervisors
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and
* Excellent verbal / written communication skills.
* Skilled in Organization, Time Management,
Prioritization and attention to detail.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Ability to adapt to changing Organizational and
Operational needs; ability to lead others through
* Strong team player who is able to work across multiple
functions and disciplines.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens
(including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local laws.