Distribution Manager- Grand Prairie, TX
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
Grand Prairie, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the effective and efficient distribution of Hazardous Materials and management of drivers within a territory. Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in transporting products by use of industrial trucks by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintains all required D.O.T. inspection reports and manifests, verifies and releases tickets, and any additional documentation needed in the supervision of branch drivers.
* Submits all required D.O.T. paperwork (hours of service logs, manifests, VIRs, etc) and additional reports in an accurate and timely manner to the appropriate individuals.
* Confers with supervisors of other locations to coordinate flow of materials or products.
* Serve as a liaison between distribution and sales.
* Plans delivery by organizing truck loads and routing schedules. Interprets job orders to workers and assigns duties.
* Studies delivery schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
* Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
* Establishes or adjusts work schedules and procedures to meet delivery schedules.
* Recommends measures to improve distribution methods, equipment performance, and customer service.
* Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
* Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals. Responsible for conducting timely and quality performance appraisals to develop and train assigned personnel.
* Works safely and meets the requirements of all safety procedures ad rules as prescribed by State, Federal, and the Company.
* Performs activities of workers supervised as required.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* HAZMAT experience preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have an intermediate to proficient working level of experience with Microsoft Office programs.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission, proportion, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Computer literate.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Commercial Driver License may be required at certain locations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The USES category for this position is rated as heavy. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand and walk. The associate is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The associate must occasionally lift up to 60 pounds and/or move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.