Distribution Specialist I- Evenings
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONOutstanding opportunity to join a growing global company and innovation leader with 2015 annual revenues of $1.6B and a market cap of $10B.
IDEXX Laboratories is seeking a 2nd shift Distribution Specialist for our fast-paced Westbrook Distribution Center. The ideal candidate has ability work independently as well as in a team environment with minimal supervision. Flexibility and desire to cross-train in all departmental functions and responsibilities within distribution is essential.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
* Support the distribution of cutting edge technology by picking, packing and loading freight to ensure accurate product flow to IDEXX customers and other IDEXX Distribution Centers.
* Use automated systems to record transactions including receiving inventory from internal and external customers, picking, material movements and replenishments, and shipping.
* Assist in cycle counts.
* Maintain a clean, orderly, safe and fun work environment.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Warehouse/inventory experience including experience with a warehouse management system, or related experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Responsible for understanding IDEXX products and Lines of Business to ensure accuracy in filling orders.
* Must be able to use bar-code readers accurately and efficiently.
* Able and willing to work flexible hours to support business objectives.
* Knowledge of distribution processes/systems and inventory management preferred.
* Ability to properly lift up to 70 pounds.
* Frequent lifting of large, unwieldy boxes or containers.
* Extensive walking through the distribution center.
* Must be able to work for extended periods of time standing, sitting, walking, reaching with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and talk and hear.
* Ability to use motorized lift equipment, if applicable.
* Time spent in refrigerated storage areas, if applicable.
* Must work well under pressure and tight time constraints.
* Moderate computer use.
IDEXX is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and to build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for the production animal industry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs 7,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
IDEXX attracts, rewards and inspires exceptionally talented and motivated people who are eager to participate in two of the most important technological revolutions of our time - biotechnology and information technology.
We offer outstanding opportunities for personal growth and success, and support excellence, world-class standards, and continuous improvement.
IDEXX has a new state of the art, LEED certified, world campus which fosters an innovative and collaborative work environment and promotes wellness, offering an impressive onsite fitness center, health clinic, and many healthy dining choices! In support of health and wellness, IDEXX is also a tobacco free campus.
If you are looking for a challenging work environment that unleashes creativity and energy, is refreshingly honest and comfortably casual, and offers opportunities for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you!
We offer a fully loaded and highly competitive compensation and benefits plan.
ABOUT THE AREA: Portland, Maine recently ranked number 6 on Forbes magazines list of Americas Best Cities for Young Professionals, was ranked by Bloomberg Businessweek as one of the best places to raise kids, was listed by Forbes.com as one of Americas Best Hipster Neighborhoods, was named the Foodiest city in the US by Bonappetit magazine, was ranked by Yahoo.com as having one of the healthiest and most affordable housing markets, made the top 10 list of healthiest cities for women by Womens Health Magazine, and has recently been nominated for Best Town Ever by Outside Magazine, the magazine chooses its top 10 places to live based on a balance of great culture, breathtaking scenery, reasonable home prices, low-stress living, and, of course, easy access to the outdoors!