This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsibilities:The Supervisor, Distribution is responsible for supervising the distribution associates responsible for the receipt, storage, order filling, or loading of inventory as it relates to the daily distribution activities within assigned area(s) of a distribution facility and has functional responsibility for one large or multiple areas such as receiving, bin or bulk picking & outbound functions. Ensures accountability standards based on KPIs and implements change to improve performance and increase workflow efficiencies. This position is responsible for monitoring daily schedules and adjusting staffing levels according to distribution volume in addition to being accessible, responsive and resolving issues in a timely manner. The Supervisor as a member of the leadership team, will ensure that both internal and external customers receive the highest level of service. The Supervisor sustains a cohesive and effective team within his or her department by managing and developing employees to achieve high quality and productivity in concert with Office Depot's goals and company values.
- Supervise the receipt, storage, order filling, or loading of inventory.
- Provide leadership and motivation to associates. Communicate effectively with associates and create an open communication style that fosters a collaborative work environment.
- Assist management in problem solving and coordinating projects.
- Recruit, train, and develop department associates. Short term coverage planning for staffing requirements and resource allocations.
- Conduct associate performance reviews, ongoing performance discussions, and salary review recommendations. Monitor and record productivity and accuracy for assigned area.
- Administer safety programs and ensure OSHA compliance. Communicate and administer policies and procedures in assigned area.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Lean principles and use the principals to lead continuous improvement with the distribution team. Lead team tier meetings.
- Ensures that the physical condition of the warehouse is conducive to a healthy and safe working environment.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary. Qualifications:Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
5 years' experience in a production, logistics, or business-to-business distribution facility with two years minimum supervisory experience Other Information:- Area of study in business, engineering or logistics, distribution management preferred. Logistics to include shipping, receiving inventory and quantitative methods , lean and six sigma concepts
- Black belt certifications in 5s, Dale Carnegie courses
- Strong communication and leadership skills, strong knowledge of warehouse operations and procedures, proven decision making capabilities, ability to manage and motivate employees.
- Knowledge of Warehouse operations, Warehouse Management Systems, Inventory Control processes and / or logistics preferred.
- PeopleSoft and other ad hoc reporting
- Self-motivated , self-starter , team player , ability to work unsupervised to complete tasks, follow up skills , work through change and deliver tough messages as it relates to associate performance , flexible as schedule may change as business needs change
- Financial literacy - ability to forecast business and adjust to business conditions. Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .