This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY You'll Find It With Us!
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation's leading suppliers of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, and hardgoods, such as welding equipment and related products.
Airgas is a leading U.S. producer of atmospheric gases with 16 air separation plants; a leading producer of carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
More than 17,000 associates work in approximately 1,100 locations, including branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty gas labs, production facilities, and distribution centers.
Airgas also markets its products and services through e-Business, catalog, and telesales channels. Its national scale and strong local presence offer a competitive edge to its diversified customer base.
The Northern California & Nevada (NCN) Region of Airgas USA, LLC., is seeking a Distribution Supervisor to join our San Jose, CA team.
* Supervises and coordinates activities of Drivers engaged in loading, selling, and transporting compressed and liquid gas cylinders as well as hard-goods to customers or company locations.
* Receives orders for gases and merchandise over telephone and facsimile machine.
* Calls customers to explain type of service or merchandise offered.
* Provides information to customers to assist with decision-making.
* Plans routes and schedules Drivers, vehicles, deliveries, and pick-ups based on Driver, company, and customer information.
* Informs Drivers of location of accounts and collection procedures.
* Oversees loading and dispatching of trucks.
* Collects daily receipts or shippers from Drivers.
* Investigates customer complaints.
* Assigns deliveries to Drivers according to customer needs, current delivery schedule, and availability of supplies.
* Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
* Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules, using knowledge of capacities of trucks.
* Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
* Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
* Recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures.
* Trains new employees.
* Processes cylinder orders from branch stores for long haul routes.
* Processes cylinder orders for local routes.
* Leads, supervises, manages, motivates, and trains up to 10 employees.
* Schedules and routes Drivers efficiently, ensuring overtime is not abused.
* Resolves problems associated with deliveries and product shortages.
* Uploads, delivers and downloads safely to customers hardgood orders as well as cylinders containing compressed gases; returns empty cylinders to plant for refilling.
* Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed.
* Maintains and balances shipping papers/manifests.
* Ensures employee complaints, issues, etc. are handled timely and effectively.
* Knowledge of SAP, Zonar, Kronos, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Operates a forklift, pallet jack, and other warehouse equipment.
* Communicates with Plant Supervisor to maintain appropriate on-hand stock of required gas cylinders.
* 5 years experience in welding industry and working knowledge of acetylene, or 2 years industry experience plus supervisory experience.
* Dispatch experience.
* Familiarity with all DOT requirements and regulations for Commercial Drivers.
* Excellent communications skills, including verbal, written, dispatching, and phone skills.
* Ability to perform work during prolonged sitting up to 7 hours; occasional bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling, and repetitive motion also required.
* Ability to read and comprehend Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
* Must be able to work varied shifts, including some occasional overtime, if necessary.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Must be able to work outdoors occasionally in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 110 degrees.
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
* Ability to demonstrate and promote a CS2 culture.
* Ability to lead according to the Airgas Guiding Principles.
* Extensive understanding of BAAQMD protocol for continuous emission monitoring.
* Zonar knowledge.
* Basic understanding of analyzers (FID, Gas Chromatography, ICP) and how Airgas Products are used in these applications.
* OUTLOOK accounts access, OSCA card, in-depth site training.
* Some college courses in Chemistry and/or Management. Bachelor's degree in Management preferred.
* Knowledge of welding, gases, and safety supply industry.
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, and more).
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability