This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Union City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the day to day execution of a Distribution Center servicing other DCs and/or funeral homes. This includes but not all inclusive; employee supervision, customer service, inventory control, limited financial responsibility, maintenance of equipment and delivery.
Under the guidance of the DC manager planning and scheduling and receipt and delivery of funeral home products.
- Performing routine quality inspections of incoming product and report quality issues
- Day to day execution of inventory processes for approximately 400+ items (caskets) across 400+ different SKU's
- Supervising the daily work schedules of picking, staging and loading outgoing shipments of product
- Executing the delivery of any expedited shipments on an emergency basis
- Measure, monitor and report operations performance and efficiency metrics
- Hire and manage the operations staff including warehouse/driver positions.
- Oversee and/or perform SAP transactions
- Oversee continuous improvement programs through the use of Lean principles
- Oversee the DC through the Matthews Management System
- Provide and manage employee training
- Ability to operate delivery vehicles and make regular deliveries (Required in DCs)
- Dispatching responsibilities
- Provides excellent internal and external customer service skill and enhances relationships.
- Servant leader
- Other duties as assigned
Supervise staff of the DC (Any combination of full time and part time Matthews employees that average more than 100 hours of work per week. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled