Distribution Supervisor - 3rd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Olive Branch, MS
JOB DESCRIPTIONDuties and Responsibilities
We have an opportunity for a 3rd Shift Supervisor in the Distribution Center. This position reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible for the direction and management of the operations and business of the Distribution Center 3rd shift.
* Ensure the Dept. provides accurate, prompt deliveries to internal and external customers.
* Responsible for planning/coordination of 3rd shift activities such as picking, packing, receiving, shipping, quality improvement and material control. Should be proficient with PC, spreadsheet. May also require working some day shift to fill in, train, etc.
* Provide direction for Dept. functions: receiving, material movement, including domestic and foreign freight shipments, picking, packing, shipping, inventory control, housekeeping, training, discipline, employee development, and safety in accordance with state and federal regulations and Milwaukee policies/procedures.
* Collaborate with managers and staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives of the facility and corporation.
* Foster an environment of continuous improvement resulting in continually improving service levels to customers at a decreasing cost to the company.
* Evaluate employee performance, recommend appropriate corrective actions, recommends/maintains adequate staffing levels to respond to fluctuating workloads.
* Assist in maintaining all Dept. metrics that track performance relating to customer service, quality, and cost.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
Candidates should have Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in a Distribution or Manufacturing environment.
Effective interpersonal and leadership skills in addition to supervisory experience and awareness of basic personnel practices. Effective verbal and written communication skills are essential and demonstrated computer literacy.
JNCODE: JN045, JN029