Distribution Supervisor - 1st Shift 8/16/2016
Saddle Creek Logistics Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
The Distribution Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of associates to achieve a variety of goals including: productivity, problem resolution, outstanding customer service, employee relations (motivation and development) and maintaining a safe work environment.
Shift: 1st Shift, Monday - Friday (specific hours TBD)
* Manage approximately 12-15 associates in a 130,000 square foot warehouse
* Ensure acceptable levels of profitability in assigned business unit by meeting or exceeding productivity standards and cost control management
* Ensure exceptional customer service key performance indicators (order fill rate accuracy, unannounced inspections, inventory accuracy, etc.)
* Maintain a clean, professional and safe working environment by meeting or exceeding SCLS corporate safety goals
* Promote constant and measureable improvement; teach and enforce SCLS' Quality Policy at all times
* Effectively communicate SCLS goals, expectations, areas for improvement and successes to associates
* Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff within the department
* Personally coach, train and mentor direct reports in order to ensure personal growth and career development
* Bachelor's degree and at least two (2) years of supervisory experience OR an Associate's degree and at least four (4) years of supervisory experience OR High School Diploma/GED and at least six (6) years of supervisory experience. All supervisory experience ideally performed in a warehouse or distribution environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), internet, web-based and job specific software applications
* Demonstrated leadership skills to influence department and implement and manage change
* RFexperiencepreferred, Food Grade facility experience is a plus, LEANexperience is a plus
* Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to accomplish work goals by listening, sharing ideas and appreciating others' efforts
* Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; possess solid judgment, problem-solving and decision making skills
* Ability to function in a high-stress environment while focusing on the completion of operational goals
* Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities
* Ability to build a cohesive team that exemplifies SCLS' values and operates to support SCLS' mission statement.