This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 1/12/2017
VWR International, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the warehouse with particular emphasis on managing warehouse associates and implementing warehouse action plans.
* Provides direct daily supervision of warehouse associates to ensure the safe, clean and efficient operation of the warehouse.
* Develops and implements shipping and receiving work schedules and assignments to ensure efficient operation.
* Applies sound communication and motivational techniques in supervising, coaching and disciplining employees.
* Directs and supervises all inbound and outbound shipments to ensure they are correct and carried out in a timely fashion.
* Tours the warehouse regularly to answer questions, evaluate operations and solve problems.
* Makes recommendations to the Operations Mgr on programs to improve warehouse operations.
* Allocates equipment so that it is utilized in the most efficient manner.
* Coordinates with the Maintenance Manager to ensure that a sound maintenance program is implemented.
* Interacts with other departmental management to achieve goals.
* Attends warehouse planning meetings.
* Ensures that all records and reports regarding warehouse activity are prepared on a timely basis and effectively maintained.
* Reviews operating goals and standards and monitor achievement.
* Supervises checking of outgoing and incoming freight for proper counts and codes.
* Reviews warehouse operations daily to ensure the warehouse is neat and well organized and that damage to product, equipment, and the facility is prevented.
* Ensures that all safety procedures and policies are followed.
* Operates in compliance with OSHA and other appropriate standards.
* Maintains stock locator system.
* Ensures proper stock rotation.
* Assists in conducting physical inventories and cycle counts as required.
* Assists in developing and maintaining the operational budget as required.
Experience & Skills:
* Requires demonstrated skills in leadership, organization and communication.
* Requires an understanding of, warehousing operations.
* Familiarity with computer systems, warehouse systems and computerized scanning equipment is a plus.
* Emphasis on safety is extremely important.
* Must be able to handle stress caused in meeting deadlines with tight scheduling requirements.
* Must be able to shift priorities easily.
* College Degree preferred
* Five years experience required; 1+ year leadership responsibility is required.
* Requires an understanding of warehousing operations
* Must be familiar and experienced with Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word.
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) would be a plus.
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate is exposed to an industrial warehouse environment. The associate works near moving mechanical machinery and noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The job requires working in heights, exposure to changes in temperature, driving equipment, and maybe exposed to dust, fumes, or gases.
* The associate is required to stand and walk for the majority of the working day. The physical requirements of the job are for associates to talk, hear, bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb height, reach above shoulder height, crouch, kneel, balance, and push/pull. Furthermore, the job requires associates to lift/carry/push or pull up to 75 pounds with or without assistance. Associates use both hands for repetitive actions such as grasping and manipulating as well as both feet for repetitive movement operating foots controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .