Distribution and Aftermarket Sales Technical Support Specialist - Embraco 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets _Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit_ and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We earn the trust of consumers around the globe by focusing on what matters most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for 11 years in a row.
DAY TO DAY
Serve our customers by identifying their needs; engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services. Train our customers in formal and informal settings on how to best promote, sell and apply our products.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Support D&AM customers on component application
* Train customers on products and applications both at their locations and via webinars
* Pre-sale, according to business strategy
* Identify the customers value drivers
* Capture new application opportunities
* Technical trends tracking
* Info on new products
* Competitors cross reference
* Preparation of technical info to customers
* Prompt Technical Support through Phone calls and e-mails.
* Involved with customer lab test and achieve performance target
* Lead compressor quality performance and warranty process
* Support technical brochures development and update
* Market intelligence analysis
* Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* 3+ years working experience in Commercial Refrigeration design (freezers, ice machines or show case systems)
* Bachelors degree in Science or Engineering
* Strong compressor knowledge background is preferred (Embraco product portfolio and application, Competitors product portfolio)
* Regulatory standards knowledge (Safety and Application Standards)
* Knowledge in Thermodynamics
* Electrical and control system knowledge
* Fluent in English
* Proficient in Spanish, a plus
* Effective communication skills
* High level of adaptability to cultural diversity
* Sensible to commercial aspects (business driven)
* Team player
* Good project and routine management
* Availability to travel in North American Region and Mexico
* Highly motivated
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.