Distributor Manager - Immediate Consumption
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
Campbell Soup Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONIMAGINE...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Inside Distributor Manager is responsible for managing our Tier 3 distributor business and our Pace Chipper business across the continental US via telephone & email. Responsibilities include managing, monitoring, evaluating, updating and delivering the annual operating plan.
* Responsible for managing 50+ distributors requiring a high level of daily interaction with distributor via cold calls and emails.
* Understand customer needs and requirements.
* Close sales and achieve quarterly quotas.
* Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest.
* Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your territory.
* Perform effective online demos to prospects.
* Build presentations/sell sheets for distribution partners designed to initiate an action-oriented response.
* Communicate monthly opportunities to drive the business.
* Support MDM in market blitzes, route riding, and sales presentations.
* Strong planning, organizational, and interpersonal skills, written/oral communication and presentation skills, including full competence with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook).
* Analyze opportunities quickly and have an ability to execute company goals efficiently.
* Ability to take initiative and work autonomously - you can run with something from beginning to end.
* Resourcefulness to improvise and adapt to deal with daily challenges via creative problem solving.
* Customer Service Skills: The customer is always right. Inside sales reps will need to be able speak in a friendly way to customers and potential customers, listening to their needs and helping communicate options for them.
* Communication Skills: Inside sales reps speak to customers about Campbell's brands and programs, and answer any questions they might have.
* Persistence: Not every customer is going to be a sale. Being able to bounce back if you lose a sale will be key for this job.
* Bachelor's Degree required
* Minimum of 2+ years related CPG industry experience required, Beverage & DSD experience preferred
* Time Management skills
* Category & Brand Knowledge
* Travel required: 25%
* Strong expertise with MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
THE COMPANY IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, AGE, RELIGION OR ANY OTHER CLASSIFICATION PROTECTED BY LAW.
IN THAT REGARD, U.S. APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE PROTECTED FROM DISCRIMINATION BASED ON CERTAIN CATEGORIES PROTECTED BY FEDERAL LAW. CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.