District Automotive Service Manager (National)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Hoffman Estates, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe District Service Manager, Automotive assumes entire District Automotive ownership for Auto Center Manager and Associate Management & Engagement, Member/Customer Service Satisfaction, and Auto Center Execution & Financial Performance in approximately 15 Auto Centers within a specified geographic market. This position is responsible for building, recruiting, staffing, coaching, developing, and holding accountable a team of approximately 15-20 managers and 150-300 hourly sales and technician associates. They will guide the Auto Center Managers and associates in specified district and develop their talent, and will be responsible for ensuring district-wide member/customer satisfaction and measuring the financial performance of all the locations in the area.
LEADERSHIP AND ASSOCIATE ENGAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
* Engages associates through training, building relationships, and expectation setting/follow-up to deliver and beat company expectations by holding associates accountable to their results and recognizing and celebrating their successes.
* Plans, communicates/trains, delegates and follows-up on key responsibilities to the Auto Center management team to ensure smooth flow of day to day operations as well as special events within the district. Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective operations at the Auto Center and district level.
* Monitors and manages district-wide management staffing levels. Ensures management-level partner development and talent acquisition in order to achieve and maintain district operational requirements. Ensures the right person is in the right position.
* Utilizes integrity, honesty and empowerment supporting the Sears Automotive team promise of 'We do What's Right Every Time'.
MEMBER/CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSBILITIES
* Develops yourthe Auto Center team within the district to deliver legendary customer experiences in all stores by building a culture of superior member/customer satisfaction and service.
* Ensures consistent, professional, and superior process execution in each District Auto Center to provide the same level of experience every time, with every member/customer, at every location.
* Combines in-depth automotive repair knowledge with exceptional people skills to manage and set the example for superior member/customer relationships and commerical business support.
EXECUTION AND FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBLITIES
* Ensures all operations are executed properly and process followed in accordance with direction including: initial contact with all members/customers, vehicle inspections, vehicle analysis execution, providing/explaining solution options, delivering services, staying in compliance with process and policy and customer/member follow up and experience to provide profitable sales and outstanding member experiences.
* Drives the implementation of company programs by motivating and supporting the store management team within the district to develop and implement action plans that meet operational and organizational objectives.
* Reviews Auto Center key business indicators within the district to identify concerns and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching to the store management team to take action and achieve operational goals.
* Regularly visits the Auto Centers in the district, ensuring that they are operating to Sears Automotive standards; training staff, demonstrating best practices, following safety guidelines and continuously improving. Aids in development and constant follow up on Auto Centers & teams that are not meeting expectations. Conducts follow-up visits where necessary to ensure corrections/improvements have been made to areas cited in previous visits.
* Performs supervisory functions, including but not limited to, making employment decisions regarding hiring, promoting, demoting and terminating, conducting performance appraisals and coaching and developing associates.
* 3-5 years of Automotive Industry and Service Experience
* 3-5 years of successful people management and engagement
* Inspirational Leadership abilities & experience with strong talent/performance management and associate engagement
* Excellent written communication, verbal communication and presentation skills
* Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize and demonstrate urgency and creativity
* Strong skills for process execution and financial/business/P&L acumen and situation assessment
* Effective influencer and negotiator with Members/Customers, Peers, Associates, and all Levels of Management
Education Experience: HS Graduate or Equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 5-10 Years
Driver's License Required: Yes
Age Requirement: 18+
EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled