District Expert Manager- Miami, FL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Advantage Resourcing - XPO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Dyson US is entering the Beauty category with the launch of our latest technology the Supersonic Hairdryer. If you love beauty and innovation this role is for you!
The District Expert Manager is responsible for leading a team of part-time Experts, as well as for developing and implementing an extensive demonstration program for Dyson products. The schedule is Thursday to Monday with Tuesday and Wednesday s off.
We are seeking District Expert Managers with a passion for innovative technology as well as experience in the beauty industry to represent our brand and oversee a team of Dyson Experts.
Dyson landed in the US in 2002 and within 24 months our technology was market share leader. Our bustling HQ is based in the historic Montgomery Ward Building, overlooking the Chicago River. A few hours down the road in Aurora, our dedicated US Customer Care team now numbers 250 people. And in total, there are over 600 Dyson people working across the US in multiple functions.
But Dyson US is still growing. It s poised to double its footprint and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team are truly fired up.
Our Retail Sales teams epitomise the entrepreneurial spirit that has defined Dyson since day one: ambitious, commercially savvy, and strategically agile. We work with some of the world s biggest retailers, implementing the most profitable long term business plans and driving innovative ways to put our technology into more hands. It requires managing multiple networks of Dyson people. And overseeing many different retail areas from instore fixtures to online activation. It takes ownership, courage and tough negotiations. Being constantly driven to see clearer solutions and drive better sales.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES:
Hire the right people for the right Expert positions
* Work with the Management Team to determine the right markets where Experts are needed
* Assist in recruiting the right Experts through networking, distributing recruiting materials to potential candidates, and job fairs where applicable
* Partner with recruiting team to assure the most qualified candidates are being sourced
* Drive the hiring and on-boarding processes through regular communication with new Experts
Lead team by motivating and inspiring them to achieve program goals
* Manage team performance through consistent feedback, coaching and corrective action as needed, documenting as appropriate
* Orchestrate and conduct new-hire induction training classes using company designed programs
* Deliver in-field training to newly hired Experts
* Model superior demonstration and selling skills
* Champion in store consumer interaction and represent all aspects of Dyson brand, culture, and passion for technology; work in-field with Experts on weekends
* Effectively communicate expectations and results to foster continuous improvement through spot checks, conference calls, team meetings and trainings
Drive sales through effective scheduling of in-store demonstrations based on national and regional initiatives
* Manage Experts schedules through online reporting system, ensuring they are aligned with national and regional initiatives
* Partner with the Management Team to exploit all demonstration and event opportunities
* Identify additional demonstration opportunities across the district, working closely with the Field Sales Management Team to determine where, when, and how the team will be deployed
* Monitor and evaluate Experts sales performance at various retail locations
* Ensure Experts are providing accurate feedback on activities in a timely manner
* Work with Field Sales Team and store managers to ensure that demonstrations are in the most optimal locations in-store and point of purchase materials are within Dyson standards
Fulfill other duties as required
* Track and maintain expenses according to set budgetary guidelines
* Embrace change and grow workforce to meet demanding business needs
* Think creatively and identify opportunities to challenge and deliver excellence
* Identify gaps and opportunities, and find solutions
* Attend regular sales meetings as required
Full driver s license with good driving record (company car) in line with company policy
Ability to lift, push, and pull (potentially overhead) up to 30lbs
Ability to stand on your feet for up to eight hours at a time
Ability to work a schedule that includes every weekend
Depending on geographic requirements, ability to travel up to 75%, including overnights.
Experience and Education
*High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor s Degree preferred
*2 years team management experience; retail sales team management a plus
*Demonstrated history of increased responsibility and leadership in prior positions
*Prior training experience required
*Proven negotiation and analytical skills with professional business acumen
*Knowledge of the beauty industry preferred.
*Proven leadership skills including the ability to motivate, inspire and influence people
*Strong analytical skills
*Proven ability to lead and motivate a team to achieve results
*Strong organizational skills with an ability to delegate and multi-task
*Strong communication, presentation and training skills
*Highly proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
*Ability to build strong business relationships
*Attuned Being emotionally smart
*Fighter Getting the best result
*Architect Creating the climate for success
Dyson US monitors the market to make sure we offer competitive salaries and retirement plans. But financial rewards are just the start of a successful career at Dyson. Professional growth and new opportunities are driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-226.
Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.