District Inventory Specialist (Rochester, NY)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The District Inventory Specialist is responsible for the overall receipts, disbursements and recovery of unit inventory and its associated tracking and bookkeeping. This person serves as the liaison between the field management team and the National Parts Team, Parts Distribution Centers, Region Truck Assorting Office, and logistical service providers.* Utilizes the Reverse Flow System to process surplus inventory returns and determine proper disposition, and sets up shipments accordingly (20%)
* Serves as the business unit's initial point of contact for the utilization of advanced inventory management systems (20%)
* Coordinates the transportation of unit inventory between service units and technicians, including driving a route for inventory recovery as needed (10%)
* Conducts the District Monthly Inventory Review and coordinates the adjustments to the book value of inventory due to damage, loss, selling value corrections, etc. (10%)
* Coordinates the staging and recovery of surplus inventory, including working with both internal and external property managers to ensure the protection and control thereof (10%
)* Communicates with field management team on matters of inventory control discipline and process compliance (10%)
* Enforces company standards of inventory control, drives process improvements and assists technicians in: recovering surplus inventory, maintaining proper truck stock levels, effective truck organization, and bin locations (10%)
* Works with inventory service providers during annual count, offers local expertise on inventory identification (5%)
* Reconciles listings of truck stock inventory with physical inventory on hand and makes systemic changes as needed (5%)
* Performs other duties as assigned* Ability to use common computer applications, web based systems and Microsoft Office products
* Ability to drive legally, responsibly and safely.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment, solve problems and follow directions.
* Ability to apply appropriate use of personal protective equipment (i.e. back belt, safety glasses)
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
.* Ability to work in non-air conditioned environment, where applicable
* Ability to speak, read and write English
*Proficient in Microsoft Excel and OutlookEqual Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.