This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/6/2016
Colorado Springs, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This position manages Southern Colorado
JOB SUMMARY: The District Manager has responsibility to lead, direct, and motivate all Branch, Administrative, Operating, and Sales associates within the District to achieve the highest safety standards, top line growth, EBITDA performance and operational excellence. The DM is responsible to execute on plans and strategies designed to meet and exceed customer needs. The DM has full P&L responsibility for their branches/territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES include the following. Other duties as assigned.
* Responsible for ensuring a safe environment at all Airgas facilities. Ensure that all branch personnel are walking the talk with regard to safety.
* Manage the sales force for organic top line growth. The DM may have direct responsibility for key customer accounts.
* Manage branch assets to ensure Airgas will be the fastest to market.
* Responsible for execution of Core Strategy I and II activities in the branches and throughout the District.
o Ensure branch planners are in place at all branches and take responsibility for execution.
o Maintain the stocks of gases and HGs at all locations to ensure high fulfillment.
o Ensure that branch associates and field sales associates are adequately trained and focus on the details of our customers' needs and requirements. Focus on increased accuracy and SAP proficiency.
* Optimize profit margins through execution of plans and strategies communicated from Regional and Area. Maintain operation expenses in line with Gross Profit goals, customer service, and growth plans.
* Execute on plans to realize the strategic pricing targets.
* Provide support for the transition of sweet spot customers to the Total Access program as well as target customers for any new TA initiatives that are developed.
* Ensure effective collaboration, teamwork, and communication throughout the District.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Four-year college degree from an accredited institution in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Sales Management, Engineering, or related field preferred.
* Three to five years of sales or sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment, a Branch or Plant leadership role, or comparable experience within the distribution industry.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Working knowledge of SAP.
* Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
* Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
* Team player; strong collaboration skills; ability to influence.
* Self-starter; self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency; ability to work independently.
* Comfortable interacting with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds within Airgas and outside the Company.
* Accountability: Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
* Accuracy: Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
* Communication, Oral: The ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
* Customer Oriented: Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
* Decision Making: Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
* Detail Oriented: Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task,
* Diversity Oriented: Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
* Energetic: Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
* Honesty / Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
* Initiative: Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
* Organized: Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
* Reliability: The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
* Responsible: Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
* Safety Awareness: Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
* Self Motivated: Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
* Time Management: Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
* Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Daily travel is required; a minimum amount of overnight travel is required.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment varies (office, branch, customer visits, and plants).
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability