This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Solstice Sunglass Boutique
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The District Manager oversees all aspects of Sales and Store Operations in all stores within the Market(s). This includes maximizing sales, ensuring customer satisfaction, profit and loss management, expense control, and execution of all policies and procedures and partnering with Regional Manager, Human Resources and Loss Prevention.Responsibilities:
The District Manager is responible for the following:
* Establish appropriate direction and communication to Store Management and Store Teams while holding Store Managers accountable for execution at store level. Supervise a team of 14-18 stores with in a designated area.
* Spend 60% -80% of the time in stores to monitor performance, provide feedback, and recognize exceptional performance.
* Hold regular meetings and conference calls to communicate Company directives and reinforce policies and procedures.
* Ensure proper execution of visual merchandise standards.
* Complete store inspections as needed and provides feedback to DMs/Store Managers.
* Ensure attainment of budgeted sales results and controls expenses to budget.
* Provide leadership to Store Management to drive sales and maximize margin.
* Monitor stores' controllable expenses to budget and takes corrective action as necessary.
* Protect Company assets including attaining budgeted shrink results and monitoring store compliance with policies and procedures.
* Manage Human Resources issues to ensure retention, training and development, and hiring standards for all Employees.
* Ensure Store Management supports corporate training programs and that Employees complete all Company directed training.
* Provide guidance and training to Management teams to develop future Store Managers.
* Monitor Employees morale in stores to ensure a pleasant and productive work environment.
* Approve promotions, terminations, and disciplinary action as needed.
* Work from home office a minimum of one day a week (approx. 20% of time) to complete all administrative reporting and conference calls
* Perform other projects / duties as needed.
To be considered for the District Manager position candidates much meet the following qualifications
* Bachelor's Degree in related field
* 10 years retail experience with minimum of 2 years multi-store management
* Exceptional knowledge of retail operations
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to supervise staff in different locations
* Strong organizational and analytical skills
* Proven decision-making skills
* Home based office
* Ability to travel 75-80% of the time
* Overnight Travel maybe required depending on the Market