This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Thousand Oaks, CA
What to expect:
Sleep Number is currently seeking a District Manager to lead the District. As a District Manager you will help lead us on our journey to become the world s most beloved brand by delivering an unparalleled Sleep Experience. The District Manager is responsible for driving profitable sales growth, developing extraordinary leaders and providing a world class customer experience.
Sleep Number ranks in the top ten for sales per square foot among U.S. specialty retail brands. We have proprietary sleep innovations, exclusive distribution, award-winning store design, best-in-class sales training and a relationship-based sales process. Sleep Number is a great opportunity for someone to build a rewarding, long-term leadership career.
Using your past sales leadership experience you will:
* Drive profitable sales growth:
* Drive and maximize district sales and profit while managing the bottom line
* Strategic planning and execution as it relates to sales events, community awareness and real estate decisions
* Develop extraordinary leaders:
* Own the selection, onboarding, training, engagement, performance management and professional development of Store Managers and Sales Professionals (indirectly)
* Motivate, coach and strengthen Store Managers as team leaders, retail operators and business owners
* Develop internal and external talent bench in anticipation of District growth or turnover
* Provide a world class customer experience:
* Conduct store leadership visits and operational audits to ensure that both Brand Ambassadors and the appearance of the store are in compliance with the Sleep Number brand and company policy
* Communicate and ensure execution of corporate strategies, while leveraging each store s unique strengths and addressing challenges
* Build relationships with Home Office Partners and work closely with them to analyze and develop plans to improve the District
We would love to talk to leaders who have:
* 5-7 years retail and/or sales experience; 2+ years experience in multi-unit management
* Proven track record of success
* Proven leadership, problem solving and business acumen skills
* Proven ability to recruit, select, onboard and retain top talent
* Ability to drive and maintain high engagement with employees
* Proven ability to assess performance and coach/develop others
* Demonstrated ability to execute complex processes in a fast-paced environment
* Proven ability to help others readily adapt to changing priority and ensure quick recovery from setbacks
* Detail orientation with strong organization and time management skills
* Ability to lead by example and hold others accountable for supporting and demonstrating behavior consistent with our values
* BA/BS Preferred. High School diploma or GED required.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a drug free workplace (DFW).