District Planner - Scheduler for American Electric Power
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Fort Wayne, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONTITLE: District Planner-Scheduler
BUSINESS UNIT: Utility Operations
DEPARTMENT: District Operations - Projects
Experienced planner-scheduler to develop and analyze schedules using various project management and work management software tools. Provide front end loaded schedules as well as complete ready to execute resource loaded and logic driven schedules. Assist in administering, maintaining security, reporting, maintenance, and daily operation of applicable project management and work management software tools. This position will require significant interface and coordination with distribution districts and also include training of district personnel on project management and work management tools and processes. This position will also work with other business units to ensure schedules are integrated and represent the full scope of work. Individual must be data driven, analytical, self-motivated, an excellent communicator, team focused and able to work with minimal supervision. Additional duties include schedule process development, collecting progress data, developing and implementing schedule status reports and performance metrics, and providing consistent and accurate information to the managers responsible for execution.
* Collaborate with system administrator and assign security, profiles, and roles for new users
* Participate and lead the development and implementation of the scheduling processes for distribution activities
* Organize and conduct schedule meetings covering the estimating, planning, and scheduling of assigned projects and district activities with applicable company and contract personnel
* Develop and fully integrate schedules for the distribution project management and district management teams based on work scopes provided by distribution planners and engineers
* Mentor and train others in distribution that will utilize the scheduling tools
* Create the baseline schedule, maintain the schedule, then update the active schedule on a routine basis providing accurate status, percent complete and manpowerrequirements
* Develop "work around" or "recovery" schedules as needed by managers for effective decision making
* Prepare and analyze metric reports and provide periodic summary level status reports as requested
* Perform/coordinate schedule and cost integration meetings, including SPI/CPI and set-up/maintenance of associated data systems to support accurate and consistent metrics
* Perform other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Education: Bachelordegree in a related technical field, such as construction management or an Associatedegree in a related technical field and equivalent experience.
* Minimum 2years of experience as a planner-scheduler or equivalent project controls experience through 5years in project management related activities
* Computer experience in work management and other complex database systems, Windows operating system, Microsoft Office, project scheduling software (e.g. Primavera Project Planner, Microsoft Project)
* Proficiency in scheduling techniques for construction projects and/or work management applications
* Working knowledge of commonly used project controls metrics in scheduling and cost
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: 20% - 50%travelrequired; primarily day travel